Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 0.9W 475nm Nichia multi-mode diodes

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    Just remember that there are a lot of us have done shows with ion lasers for too many years to ever call 457nm anything other than " the violet line".

True but 488 is a little too light. A pretty color, but cyan more than blue IMO.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Heres the full datasheet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NDB7675_UTZ-SC0276_1.pdf  

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I think Kvvant already use them in their new 460nm module and 445nm + 460nm combo module.

In this case, we could combine 2x 445nm diodes with PBS + waveplate, then we combine 2x 460 diodes again with PBS + waveplate, and finaly combine the 2 beams with a dicroic filter .

4-5W of 445nm + 3-4W of 460nm... 8W blue module with excellent beam specification

The hard part now is to find a dicroic filter with these properties, at reasonable cost.

--- www.neodym.be ---

MIIKKKLLLL,

I like your idea, but I plan to combine only one of each of these because the dichroic will be tough. This will require a vary sharp, well positioned cut off.

How broad of a spectrum will the 445 PBS cubes pass? If the pass band is broad enough you could use them to combine the wavelengths.

Even the V band cubes might be broad enough. I wouldn't buy these as they are overpriced, but the band width of operation about 60nm.

http://www.edmundoptics.com/techsupp...curv_48872.pdf

The broad band cubes have a band width od a couple of hundred nm, although they also have a little lower performance than a V band at any given wavelength within that band. Both would probably work. It would just require finding an inexpensive cube such as Dave's that works well at 445 and testing to see which is best at "the also" 475nm.

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    Even the V band cubes might be broad enough. I wouldn't buy these as they are overpriced, but the band width of operation about 60nm.

http://www.edmundoptics.com/techsupp...curv_48872.pdf

The broad band cubes have a band width od a couple of hundred nm, although they also have a little lower performance than a V band at any given wavelength within that band. Both would probably work. It would just require finding an inexpensive cube such as Dave's that works well at 445 and testing to see which is best at "the also" 475nm.
    If I'm reading that chart right, you could *almost* combine a 462 with a 520 (obviously modulating them separately), but then I guess you would still need a really steep dichro to add 445....Just kinda thinking out loud....

My plan in my roomier projector is to add 520 to the DPSS 532 with a PBS. I talked about this in another thread. And then, add the 445 and the 475 with another PBS. Here, I'll just replace one of the diodes in my dual 445 set up with a 475nm diode. I may have to swap out the PBS if the bandwidth is not broad enough to transmit OR REFLECT the 475. You see, I can replace either diode and the bandwidth may favor one direction or the other.

With this I'll have 5 colors. Although, the orange/yellow will still be lacking the additional shades of green and blue have to improve the mixing.

Why not add in your orange?? I'm not necessarily suggesting you add LN2 to the rig, but after doing some searching I have found some TEC combinations that can achieve a temperature difference in excess of 130 degrees centigrade....Negative 100 centigrade should put you pretty far into the orange spectrum.

I've been mentally masturbating for quite some time about a 6-8 wavelength projector, which would include *orange*.