Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 0.9W 475nm Nichia multi-mode diodes

Default 0.9W 475nm Nichia multi-mode diodes

Anyone have any information on these?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Anyone have any supplier information on these?
    ..Forgot one word.. Data-sheet / 'info' exists, but.. hunting where we can pick 'em up (..in less than Q: 50,000 pc. orders

Keen to track progress..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    in less than Q: 50,000 pc. orders [/I]
    Well, I'm in for 4 of them so, 49,996 to go

475nm is a DI color I am drooling for. I love my 473nm DPSS, gorgeous color...

There is supposedy a 120mW 475-ish nm too. Delicious single mode. Problem is, I cannot find anything about them anywhere other than a vague mention of them on Nichia's site. http://www.nichia.co.jp/specificatio.../NDA4116-E.pdf
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Nichia has all sorts of cool stuff. From 25 - 200mW 488nm SM, 80mW 505nm SM, 125mW 425nm SM, 100mW 473nm SM, to yes, the 1W 473nm MM diodes.

All sorts of goodies here.

Just let me know when you find a source. They didn't even send me an email :P
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Unless you have a actual corporation they can check out via the web and D&B, forget getting replies, even data sheets, from Nichia. Single samples of anything laser are 2700-3200$. And if your corporation is defense related, you will not get a reply per the Japanese constitution's clause on not exporting devices for war purposes.

Day one on the job at a small research company three years ago, I requested a sample with authorization from my new employer. I learned the policy the hard way.

Nichia is highly successful with their marketing strategy. 11 years ago I had successful dealings with them on a LED project, but even then we had to agree to send back or destroy unused parts, and a sign a NDA on their capabilities. They could audit us at any time on what we did with the parts. Remarketing raw LEDS, was expressly forbidden, and Parts could only go into approved designs.

Getting anything from them, even a Nichia coffee mug, is extremely difficult. They have a full blown Engineering Phd in charge of their laser samples, not a marketing person. You will not pull the wool over his eyes.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I guess we may have to wait for OSRAM and Opnext
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Nicha didn,t develop it for the laser entertainment industry but for the commercial market so its just finding out wich product use wich diode. Most likely they will be used in some beamer or something related. They don,t spend millions on research and development to serve a market that only needs a few of them. Unfortunally its a needle in a haystack because beamcompanies like casio for example aren,t going very deep in the technical side of it since the customer doesn,t care anyway. Hence, the majority of mankind doesn,t care how a lightswitch works as long as it do what it suppost to do and that is switching on the light

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Even when it was successful, supposedly the wafering, die attach and packaging went to some one else offshore. Least they have to build a big plant with their own money for a short life product. Very smart people who think long term. I actually admire how they do things.

475 might be in something else, such as bulk medical diagnostics, and not the beamer...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    ...475 might be in something else..
    ..Ya, I'd bet 0.9W of that color is something either Sci or big-Medical.. Can't see the 'rationale' for it in the PJ-industry, at least not the 'C@$io-level' product.. Maybe for 'Big-Cinema', but.. I'm thinking Nichie might even 'thumb their nose' at that-market, since it's still 'young'..

..Forensic / CSI illuminators? (vs, or in-addition-to 445..) Value there? Even so, that's (relatively) smallish, compared to the Sci / Medical pockets.. Most curious..

..well, in any-case, I'm in for 32 pcs..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Well it's not quite 475, but it's damn close:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NICHIA-4...E:B:SS:US:1123