Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results in for the I-top DAC + software

Default Results in for the I-top DAC + software

got the DAC Saturday

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...id=14&Itemid=6

and here is the vid, what do you all think???

yes i know its upside down i have the X and Y the wrong way round, but im to lazy to change it LOL. at the click of a button the software sorts it all.

watch till the end and you will see the bat sign LOL

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pound10623.flv
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

It looks nice and bright.
    It is having great trouble drawing smooth lines though.
    What scanners are they?

Jim

yeah, lines arent great.

ive got daves 15k scanners
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Do you know if it is the limitation of the galvos or the software/DAC ?

Jim

no idea LOL .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Do you know if it is the limitation of the galvos or the software/DAC ?

Jim
    Hi Guys.

I've run this software and dac combo with a few projectors. Galvo's used have been 24k and 30k chinese units and CTI 6800's and 6210's. Non of them produce the bad line images on andys images.

It looks like a bit of fine tuning is needed to get the software/dac/galvo combo to sing ! Most of the content in the software was written a few years ago, mostly at 12k speeds, so your galvo can cope with almost all of it.

Andy. Can you find an ILDA test image and project it through you system ? Make the image about one meter across, at a distance of about seven meters. Take the best quality photo you can and post it in a reply. This may indicate where your issue lies. Looks like damping/overshoot . but its difficult to tell from those images.

Please don't email me. My ISP is crap ( Sky ) and they have " accidently " cut me off. Back on line on thursday with a new isp.

Have fun and be safe !!

Fluff
    The light at the end of the tunnel. Its' a white laser.
    www.rocknite.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Hi Guys.

I've run this software and dac combo with a few projectors. Galvo's used have been 24k and 30k chinese units and CTI 6800's and 6210's. Non of them produce the bad line images on andys images.

It looks like a bit of fine tuning is needed to get the software/dac/galvo combo to sing ! Most of the content in the software was written a few years ago, mostly at 12k speeds, so your galvo can cope with almost all of it.

Andy. Can you find an ILDA test image and project it through you system ? Make the image about one meter across, at a distance of about seven meters. Take the best quality photo you can and post it in a reply. This may indicate where your issue lies. Looks like damping/overshoot . but its difficult to tell from those images.

Please don't email me. My ISP is crap ( Sky ) and they have " accidently " cut me off. Back on line on thursday with a new isp.

Have fun and be safe !!

Fluff
    fluff im still waiting for a working CD????
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi Andy.

It was sent last week ! I will get another sent on Monday.

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk

fluff great product, but really crap service from you.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Andy.

I sent a replacement last week. I had to wait for a copy from china.

Your impatience does not equate to my bad service. You are obviously up and running using the original I sent, so I assumed you were ok. If your not happy, send the ridiculously cheap products I sent you ( £ 150 for a dac and software ), at a loss to my company, back.

When I try to help hobbiests like yourself to get started, I don't expect to be slagged off in an open forum.

You may be a man of leisure, but I'm not .I am very busy running a distribution company, and these little bits and pieces I sell on here and ebay make me no money. I had three lasers to install and put through risk assessments last week for large plc clients, so I have been a bit busy. I have answered the multitude of pm 's you sent asking question about the product. All these were answered promptly and in full. This included you bullshitting about how you could " buy direct " and get it cheaper from the manufacturer. Rubbish.

I also told you I have been offline for two weeks , which meant I have picked up no pms or emails unitil yesterday.

Sorry if your not happy, but you have working products very cheap ! A shiny new disk seems a small thing to moan about

Please don't ask for anything else from me. Disc has been sent ( again ).

Fluff
    www.rocknite.co.uk