Thread: I cannot understand, why are adjusted to the micro mounts.

Question I cannot understand, why are adjusted to the micro mounts.

I collimated rays of light perfectly.
    I use the projector one or two hour and the light rays are at a point perfectly.
    Then I don't use the projector one or two day and not put on and I will not bring the projector, however the micro mounts are to be re tuned because they are moved.

I add plus glue and fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    I collimated rays of light perfectly.
    I use the projector one or two hour and the light rays are at a point perfectly.
    Then I don't use the projector one or two day and not put on and I will not bring the projector, however the micro mounts are to be re tuned because they are moved.

I add plus glue and fixing?
    Hi Whiteg,

Did you used brass mounts? If so, those tend to "adjust" themselves in the first day after getting them roughly in place. You'll just need to go back and make the minor adjustment to get them perfect.

Also, just a guess, but did you change the projector's location or distance to target? If so, the change in projection distance may indicate a problem with your near-field alignment. Unless near-field alignment is good, you can't get consistent / good far-field alignment.

Other than that, inadequate optical plate thickness can result in major alignment problems due to twisting. Significant temperature differences can also result in alignment issues. Finally, be sure everything is securely mounted to the optical plate. I've forgotten to retighten a diode completely on occasion, resulting in alignment frustrations.

Glue rarely helps and should be avoided in almost all cases.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I fixed the M3 screws on micro flex brass mounts. (ordered Dave)

I don't moving the projector and I not touched one day. However, the setting must be reset. (only the horizontal setting).

It may not be a good adhesive quality, which I glued the dichroic?
    What kind of glue should I stick the dichroic filters?

Thank you david,
    Last edited by whiteg; 03-30-2014 at 09:45.

Epoxy…… ……...

I re check the all dichroic. I see the problem, the dichroic (green pass/ reflect blue) is unstable. I will be stuck again.

Oke, will use epoxy.