Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

My wife and I will be there again. Will send money before $75 cutoff.

Looking forward to it as a mini vacation.

Outstanding! Will be good to see you again, Neil. (I think this year is really going to be a step up from previous years - for one, we will have a lot more power than ever before!)

See you in August, buddy!

Adam

Money sent!
    I'm really looking forward to this year.

Got you on the list, Chris!

You planning to fly the Cessna to Newton this year?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Got you on the list, Chris!

You planning to fly the Cessna to Newton this year?

Adam
    If the weather allows me to.

It can't be worse than last year. (4 hour delay half way there)

I am HOPEFULLY going to my First SELEM this year...be gentle...I have a Big family vaca coming up in June/July...but hopefully will still be in a position to attend! Went to TEXLEM I and had a Great Time! Met lot's of good folk and saw Lot's of incredible lightshows! Thanks guys and especially to my mentor Hakzaw1. I plan on flying to maximize my at-show time...understand arrangements might be made for transport?...planning on arriving Wed 08/13 in early afternoon/evening. I would hate to rent a car just for my lonesome to get around...Also...I hear a suite at the Holiday Inn could be shared as well to save a bit. I'm just throwing out feelers early to see if any sharers out there with like needs.

Rod-- get with Displaser Greg and see if a rent car can be shared-but actually it does not matter where you fly from but where you fly in and what day& time.

There are two airports as well- IIIRC the one in SC is closer than the one some use in NC. the lodging always seems to fall in place- so i say get the transportation set first-- the HIE is very nice about how many are in a suite -these can be as low as 25$ per night with one on the couch and another on a roll away bed- and TWIN beds in the bedroom(if you dont ask you may find a queen bed only in the bedroom).-- reserve any rollaways in ADVANCE or risk sleeping on the floor or bring an airbed-(walmart is next door) thats what I have done every time but one. They will hook you up with linens- blankets pillows etc--- we have had 5 and once even six in one suite- first floor is primo- as there is a bathroom down the hall-- not found IIRC on the other floors.--also IF you know that your snore its only the right thing to do something about it while at SELEM- or get your own room.. hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-