Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Not 100% on whether I am flying or driving.

I want to bring my working HeCd, and an air-cooled ArKr, but I can only do that if I drive.

I know I will be arriving Wenesday, and departing Sunday.

I'll PM you if I have anythign specific to our travels

I'll call the inn tonight to make a reservation.
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

I'm just waiting on registering to get confirmation of a shared place to stay and possibly a rideshare. Not getting a lot of response. Maybe it's too far out or just that I am an unknown (only been to the 1st TEXLEM here in Texas and a mini here in Austin).

I Wanted to go to SELEM Last year (when I first even heard of it...), but was already committed to DisneyWorld trip and a Holiday Lighting convention: http://www.lonestarholidays.com/
    for 2012 & 2013...But...This year...I AM doing Disneyland trip (1st time) and skipping LoneStar for SELEM. Anyone?

I know that Len (Hakzaw1) was looking to share a ride and a room. You might want to contact him...

Adam

Adam,

Since the deadline for early payment is coming quickly I figured I better get my money in. Paypal should arrive today.

Also just an FYI looks like I may be living in the Charlotte NC by the time SELEM rolls around. I am in negotiations for a position down in that area and if everything works out I'll be moving there in July. That will make coming to SELEM every year a breeze.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Outstanding! Yeah, if you're in Charlotte then SELEM will be less than an hour away for you.

And you raise a good point. The deadline for early payment is June 30th, which is 4 weeks from now. After that, the price goes up, so it's in everyone's best interest to get registered now!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    \Also just an FYI looks like I may be living in the Charlotte NC by the time SELEM rolls around. I am in negotiations for a position down in that area and if everything works out I'll be moving there in July. That will make coming to SELEM every year a breeze.
    It sure does.

You can even drive back and forth.

I'm in. Hak, if you need a ride, let me know. I am going to be taking a leisurely approach to this year's event, however, and expect to break both outbound and inbound driving into two days with a hotel in between. I'd be more than happy to put you up like we did on the way back last time, just let me know. Trailer is handled.

I expect to ARRIVE in NC shortly after load-in. That means I'll be taking a week off work, the following Monday, and possibly Tues as well (but prob just Monday) for the return.

Plan is to roll out of TX Tues Morning, arrive Wed just after load-in.

Excited to see you all again, last year was awesome. Hope everyone I met can make it again.

-rick
    Last edited by hitekvoop; 06-02-2014 at 10:57. Reason: Changed some logistics.

Time off request approved for Friday and Monday! Adam I will shoot you the $$ this weekend. Also, I am planning on participating in the LSO course if we get enough interest.

Sounds great Dave! Looking forward to seeing you there again.

RE: the LSO class - we are really close. I think one or two more is all we need to make it happen.

Rick:

Glad to see you'll be there. Should have a shitload of Plutos there this time around...

Adam

hmmm If I can figure out a way to stay longer in the US *as I'm in the US from 7 august till like 10th* I might be able to take a flight to North carolina.
    No promises yet, gona take a quick look!