Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Thumbs up 8th annual South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting, Aug 14-17 2014. Sign up now!

Hey everyone!

It’s time to make plans to attend SELEM 8 in Newton, North Carolina. This year the event has been extended by one day. SELEM will begin on Thursday, August 14th and run through Sunday, August 17th. Load-in and set-up will be on Wednesday, August 13th from noon until 5 PM. SELEM officially kicks off Thursday at 10 AM, and we will run every night until midnight. Sunday we need to start shutting down around 4 PM so we can be out by 6:30 PM.

As always, SELEM will be held in the Newton-Conover Auditorium in Newton, North Carolina. As before, we will have several areas set up for laser fun. In the auditorium we will have several beam and graphics projectors set up to run pre-choreographed shows, while in the cafeteria area we will have more laser projectors (plus beam rails and DMX lighting) to facilitate playing “live” shows. We plan to have Mario and Les present again to DJ for us.

We will also have the lobby/gallery area available for Lumia demonstrations and general discussions, plus the stage area (behind the main curtain) for more technology demos. As always, the woman’s dressing room will be reserved for the buy-and-sell area, while the men’s dressing room will be reserved as the ion laser work room.

Special presentations will be held upstairs in the classroom next to the dance studio. We have a few options for topics this year, but if you’d like to see something in particular, please speak up now and we will try to make it happen.

We’re doing something a little different this year with regard to the admission fee. If you register on or prior to June 30th, the fee is $75. If you register on July 1st or later, the fee will be $100. This is to encourage people to sign up early, which really helps with budgeting. (The budget for this year is considerably higher than previous years, in part because of the extra day, but also because of a recent price increase at the venue.) Registration fees can be submitted via PayPal to adburns@sc.rr.com, or you can mail a check to me (Adam Burns) at 102 Nightingale MNR, Charleston, SC 29418-3038.

As before, your registration fee will get you one official SELEM shirt, but you can always order extra shirts for $20 each. Guest may attend at no charge. Family members and friends are welcome, so long as they can behave responsibly. Young children are strongly discouraged from attending, however, due to the many hazards present at the event. And please remember: no weapons of any kind (concealed or otherwise) will be allowed at the event.

Liability waivers will need to be signed upon your initial arrival to the venue. Once you have signed a waiver, you will be issued your name badge and your shirt. (Or shirts, if you ordered extras.) Note that all guests will need to sign waivers as well.

Suggested locations for lodging are The Trotthouse Inn Bed & Breakfast (less than 1 block from the venue) or the Holiday Inn Express in Conover (around 5 miles from the venue). Call the Trotthouse at (828) 465-0404, or call the Holiday Inn Express at (828)-465-7070. Be sure to mention you are with the "SELEM laser group" to get the discounted room rate.

Adam

Here's a list of who has registered so far:

Buffo
    Bradfo69
    Ekeefe
    Araugh
    Displaser
    LazerJock
    Dkumpula
    Absolom7691
    Swamidog
    Icecruncher
    Chexmex
    Platinum
    RGB-gas
    Lulighttec
    Saltyrobot
    Hitekvoop
    Rodman1369
    Discothefunkyhippo
    HankLloydRight
    DZ
    JohnYayas
    Imagelight
    Telmnstr
    Drm916
    Whitcher88
    Mariomaster
    Jeff (Jefferythe00)
    BradleyJay
    CountFunkula
    SoulFeast
    AllThatWhichIs
    DocJohn
    Tribble
    AnthonyGarcia
    Flecom
    Last edited by buffo; 08-07-2014 at 12:47. Reason: updated list of people who have registered already

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

consider me there!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hey Chris... The Trotthouse still has all rooms open. (Well, all but the Lodge, which I booked this morning.)

Thinking about bringing my spare Keurig so I can make lattes in the backstage hallway this year.

Adam

i will book there. looking forward to breakfast and politics with you.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Can't wait!

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Funds sent. Damn... an hour and 24 minutes past the posting time. I'm slipping!
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 03-31-2014 at 12:36.

i feel like you've let us all down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Funds sent. Damn... an hour and 24 minutes post the posting time. I'm slipping!

Well..... some of us DO need to work and can't sit in front of their computers under the guise of "programming" all day.

programming *and* looking for a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Well..... some of us DO need to work and can't sit in front of their computers under the guise of "programming" all day.

Oh... ok. Good luck with that. I can't even get a break on the "casual encounters" section of Craigslist! lol