Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Command Stations?

I'll have it at SELEM for sure. If things go well though, you might get a sneak preview of it at some earlier point.

I looked at the Gator cases that David used for the Z5's, but I decided that they weren't large enough. Also, I wanted something with a hard lid to protect the touch-screen, rather than just a canvas cover. That's what lead me to the SKB cases. (Which are really nice, btw.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I use a Lenovo T61 Thinkpad (Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, WinXP) runnijg Beyond and LivePro and an APC40 in a sliding top flightcase.

http://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/co...tion-40-e.php3

Also housed in there are a powered USB hub, and the PC end of a 4 port USB extender.

This runs 1 to 5 FB3's currently.

I used to use a touch screen but don't bother anymore.
    Norty, what USB hub are you using?

I'm running a Macbook Pro 13" with Win7 via Fusion.

I've tried 2 so far (Belkin and one other that I can't remember the name of). Both give me very laggy connectivity with everything connected (FB3, APC and a 19" touchscreen). Unless it's MacOS that has the issue!
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

Its just a cheap powered hub from Ebuyer, the cheapest I could find. About £10 as I recall.
    I think I had 2 different ones (until I lost a PSU), both work just fine under XP

Its probably the fault of that nasty Mac, or the nasty new fangled OS you're running on it

Extender is this one.
    http://www.ebuyer.com/340365-4-port-...to-usb2004ext2
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Dell XPS 17

i5, 6GB DDR3, 128GB SSD HD, Nvidea 550M graphics.

Only thing I would say is this is probably my 1st and last Dell. The PSU's are appalling. Pretty much as soon as they go out of warranty, there's an issue with the clear silicon collars inside the plug at the laptop end hardening, cracking and cutting the PSU identification wire which results in the laptop refusing to charge. Over £60 for a new PSU and because of the identification requirement, 3rd party chargers don't work.