Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GoldenStar RGB 3watts

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    We had an issue with one of the N-RGB 4Watt lasers from golden star, and rather than mess with figuring it out myself, which I could very easily do; we sent it back for repair. Just got it back working perfectly, so rather than try to fix it yourself, pay the money and ship it back and have them fix it. The money you will spend on shipping will be worth the back and forth hassle of not getting the right thing fixed. (Although I do know why your projector keeps switching to the internal control, you just need to set the back LCD panel to run of ILDA input, not internal.)
    The fix might be correct in your case, but that did not apply for my projector with the same problem. I did try all settings for the LCD, and it did not help. The main issue, is that it does not happen all the time depending on what ILDA cable i use.

The best (but not permanet) solution is to use one specific ILDA cable. I tried all my cables, and one special seems to work better than other.

The gliching now occurs maybe once every hour, but with other cables, every 10-40 sec. It is worse with my RIYA DAK than the FB3`s

Have not had the time to investigate further.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Datsurb View Post
    The fix might be correct in your case, but that did not apply for my projector with the same problem. I did try all settings for the LCD, and it did not help. The main issue, is that it does not happen all the time depending on what ILDA cable i use.

The best (but not permanet) solution is to use one specific ILDA cable. I tried all my cables, and one special seems to work better than other.

The gliching now occurs maybe once every hour, but with other cables, every 10-40 sec. It is worse with my RIYA DAK than the FB3`s

Have not had the time to investigate further.
    Sounds like you have some loose connections in there somewhere. Like I said, it would save you the trouble to just send it back to them for repair, and the cost for shipping both ways was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    Sounds like you have some loose connections in there somewhere. Like I said, it would save you the trouble to just send it back to them for repair, and the cost for shipping both ways was worth it.
    Unfortunently, the norwegian postalservice charges more for one way shipping, than the value+shipping from china all togheter. Not worth the cost and hazzle. I guess you are right about something "loose" inside. I am going to open it up and resolder anything looking suspicious.

My last experience with John and Goldenstar, makes me more than sceptic about having more to do with them for now.
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hi, my good friend Graham,

I am so sorry for the problem. As we said by the email, I would solve the problem for you when you are back to India. Because it is necessary to check the photo of the problem, then we could find out where the problem is from.

Hi all.

Goldenstar offered to fix it but I'd have to pay shipping in both directions AND have to pay for labour costs. Labour costs being the work involved to fix the problem. Seems unfair but there you go.

I have some pics of the inside.

I'll dig them out.

how much are you guys discovering the shipping to come to with goldenstar?
    @laserlips did they give any clue what they guestimate labor charges may be?

sorry to read about your dilema, this makes me worry that it could happen to me.

LaserCo, no estimate. But the shipping alone would have been a high amount, plus customs bills.

Hi Adam.
    The laser is in India now so I can't take pictures or videos and whenever I email them they always ask for images and videos and that it all.

They are not forth coming with a solution without them, no matter how descriptive I am. I guess that's partly fair enough but in another sense I'm still very frustrated that nothing can be done.

Wait... don't they come with 1 FULL year warranty?

If so, shipping from you to GSL and from GSL to you should be covered.

Don't forget to send them back the second scanner set.

--- www.neodym.be ---

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	472.4 KB 
ID:	43514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	508.4 KB 
ID:	43515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	518.7 KB 
ID:	43516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	474.3 KB 
ID:	43517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	402.3 KB 
ID:	43518