Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GoldenStar RGB 3watts

Hi Sicklasers.
    You said all I have to do it set the back LCD panel to run of ILDA, not internal. What exactly do you mean and how exactly do it do it?

I wonder why these companies are adding these LCDs in the first place? They serve very little purpose to people that have software to run lasers which must be 99.9% of users.

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    We had an issue with one of the N-RGB 4Watt lasers from golden star, and rather than mess with figuring it out myself, which I could very easily do; we sent it back for repair. Just got it back working perfectly, so rather than try to fix it yourself, pay the money and ship it back and have them fix it. The money you will spend on shipping will be worth the back and forth hassle of not getting the right thing fixed. (Although I do know why your projector keeps switching to the internal control, you just need to set the back LCD panel to run of ILDA input, not internal.)

MIIKKKLLLL, I get a year warrenty but it doesn't seem to include shipping back if there is a problem.

GoldenStarLaser have offered to pay half the cost of shipping it back. That's fair enough. Can't do anything yet as I'm still in England but my friends are heading back soon so will send it for me.

Quick update.

I got some friends in India to get the laser and send it back.

It's STILL sitting in Chinese customs. It has been there for 18 days...and counting.
    Has anyone sent something laserlike back to China? How long was the customs clearance?
    18 days seems a bit extreme.

Graham

What did you value the laser at for importing? I once sent a laser to be repaired in China and was waiting for months just to find out that because I set the value at the price I paid, the import duty was so great that it would have been cheaper to just purchase a new laser. I think it is still sitting in customs over there! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    Quick update.

I got some friends in India to get the laser and send it back.

It's STILL sitting in Chinese customs. It has been there for 18 days...and counting.
    Has anyone sent something laserlike back to China? How long was the customs clearance?
    18 days seems a bit extreme.

Graham

When I sent my green back to china for repair I said it was a sample worth $50.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Lightspace told me to put $50 as the value on a green module and touchscreen board I shipped back to them in China about two weeks ago. I suppose $50 or less must keep it from getting tied up in customs. My DUMB mistake was using FedEx to ship it only because I happen to be at FedEx mailing something else. Frickin' $133 for a little four pound box.

Hopefully you'll get it all sorted. I know how disheartening it must be to spend 2,000 pounds on something you've saved up for just to have it not work properly. It's water under the bridge at this point but, Goldenstar I think is a better source for parts than completed projectors, based on what I've seen and heard. For a completed projector, I think Lightspace might have been a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Lightspace told me to put $50 as the value on a green module and touchscreen board I shipped back to them in China about two weeks ago. I suppose $50 or less must keep it from getting tied up in customs. My DUMB mistake was using FedEx to ship it only because I happen to be at FedEx mailing something else. Frickin' $133 for a little four pound box.

Hopefully you'll get it all sorted. I know how disheartening it must be to spend 2,000 pounds on something you've saved up for just to have it not work properly. It's water under the bridge at this point but, Goldenstar I think is a better source for parts than completed projectors, based on what I've seen and heard. For a completed projector, I think Lightspace might have been a better choice.
    ive had nothing but good experience from Lightspace. Goldenstar has been also ok, but ive only ordered components from them in the past.
    I just ordered more projectors from Lightspace, based on my past purchases from them.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    My DUMB mistake was using FedEx to ship it only because I happen to be at FedEx mailing something else. Frickin' $133 for a little four pound box.
    In PM Omar told me that my Pluto II (most recent GB) was insured (think he said) 2 years and (positively) stated they paid shipping both ways if problems happen.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

She (not he) offered to include something in a subsequent order to help defray the cost. It was going to be like an ILDA cable, or EStop box or, splitter or something but that was prior to me actually shipping it. I'm still slapping myself at having such a "duh" moment and not just taking the box to the post office - especially after the FedEx clerk gave me the price.