Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newton Show, Next Year, Suggestions, Improvments, and Commitments.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Newton Show, Next Year, Suggestions, Improvments, and Commitments.

Suggestions:
    1. Projector Masking
    2. Dedicated 110 Distro for the foggers, our close in foggers are often too big for the city circuit breakers.
    3. VHF Radios (Two meter Ham?) If not I can bring/loan my commercial band radios with itinerant license..
    4. Fans for the foggers
    5. Big front projection screen (I have ideas how to do this properly with little budget)
    6. More Maglights...
    7. PR person...
    8. Practice set up some place to test cables/projector/controllers.
    9. Two extra rolls of Gaff tape.
    10. Control location can see FOH.
    11. Neon test plug for outlets.
    12. Rain Cover just in case.
    13. Dedicated "We love You Newton" intro show.
    14. Less fog.
    I moved foggers several times for the evening wind shifts.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Lets not use this thread for criticism or debate.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Suggestions:
    1. Projector Masking
    2. Dedicated 110 Distro for the foggers, our foggers are often too big for the city circuit breakers.
    3. VHF Radios (Two meter Ham?) If not I can bring/loan my commercial band radios with itinerant license..
    4. Fans for the foggers
    5. Big front projection screen (I have ideas how to do this properly with little budget)
    6. More Maglights...
    7. PR person...
    8. Practice set up some place to test cables/projector/controllers.
    9. Two extra rolls of Gaff tape.
    10. Control location can see FOH.
    11. Neon test plug for outlets.
    12. Rain Cover just in case.
    13. Dedicated "We love You Newton" intro show.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Lets not use this thread for criticism or debate.
    I think we're all thinking of things to improve for next year.

1 - is a definate and could have been taken care of with more time
    3 - I did have my Motorola hand helds and thought about pulling them out at one point
    6 - I said to Adam shortly before the show when the kids were dancing that I so wished we had grabbed my moving heads that were in ClubSELEM and put them on top of the truss. It's fair to say I'll have at least two more by next year and since they look so much like lasers, we can "scan" the whole place with them and be totally eye safe and immersive.
    10 - Agreed. As long as there are "security" people in back where we were to watch over the gear , the shiznit would be to set up where the G300 hazer was plugged in.
    13 - That would be a great idea!

I talked to many townies at the show-all but one was impressed and happy to see this show with one exception- One vendor whose truck was parked very close to the back of the set-up seemed to think we choose some of the music from his 'Hate-it' list-- a not uncommon thing IMO.

Once again we failed to pose for a group pic after the door prize drawing-

AND IMO it was a mistake to not have hanging the Mirror balls on the wed. list of 'to-dos'

my other suggestions and comments were covered by other posters in this thread.

I truly wish my knees allowed me to do more work--sry.

Len
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-