Thread: Karma Ishow2 and laserworld

Default Karma Ishow2 and laserworld

Hi to all...
    sorry in advance for my poor english.
    Is ther some one that has tested this ilda interface with the laserworld laser (cs1000rgb)?
    I've no more money and this inteface seem to be no much expensive.
    thank's in advance for any help

Mario
    Last edited by iz1kbp; 04-08-2014 at 09:47. Reason: forgot signature...

Hello and welcome to the forum! Laserworld and iShow are not very popular around here, so your question may not get answered.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

The current version of iShow is NOT compatible with 64 bit computers!

Other than that, there's a reason it's so cheap. You can't do a lot with it. But it loads in ilda files I guess so there's that.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Mario,

Welcome to PL. You will be much better served by being patient and saving up a little more money to buy something better than iShow. Plain and simple. I know that's not what you want to hear and you really want to use the laser but, based on many, many peoples experience with it, you are far better off using a match and lighting the money you'd spend on it on fire. At least you will get some heat and pretty light for a few seconds - which is more than can be said for iShow.

Thank you all ... My aim is only to be able to project logos, static images ... just wondering if this was compatible with the intefraccia RGB laser CS1000
    Mario

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Mario,

The issue isn't the laser. It's the control of the laser. As long as the projector has an ILDA connection, you can pretty much hook iShow up to anything. Or any other control software/hardware for that matter. The only thing related to the projector as your source is the quality of the scanners. Your interest is in static images and logos... both of which tend to be more complex images for the scanners to draw so, as long as the projector has 25-30kpps scanners, you should be ok with the projector.

I honestly don't know enough about iShow to know if it's adequate for just logos and static images. Perhaps, but... there are way more than enough people here who have reported bad experiences that we all know and accept iShow is crap and a huge waste of money. Computer lock ups when it works at all, incompatibility with many operating systems, complete lack of control, poor output, etc. Perhaps you are familiar with the car manufacturers Daiwoo and Yugo. Cheap, unreliable, underpowered, shoddy, complete waste of money. THAT is your iShow analogy. Save up (beg, borrow, steal) an additional $100-$150 and you've got much better software/hardware alternatives.