Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Quickshow - Beam Show question

Default Pangolin Quickshow - Beam Show question

Hi everyone,

I have two small question here on Pangolin Quickshow.

I use the lastest version of the softwear, and FB3 interface.

Projector is a Kvant Spektrum 2.1W RGB

When I try to project a circle, I'm never able to make in perfect, there is always a part that is brighter and then off :

Also, when I try to make a line of dots, the dots aren't perfect at all, there is a line before and after :

If you have any tips and such, big thanks !

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I have exactly the same issues but, I don't believe Quickshow is entirely the cause. Yes, you can adjust some minor things via software but, I think it stems from a number of places - alignment, scanner tuning, beam characteristics, even the angle at which the projector is in relation to the output. So it's sometime hard to diagnose. I've sort of learned to live with, (and be frustrated by) it. Especially the dots.

It's difficult to say what distance your PJ is from the wall, but if you've set your scan angles too wide to compensate for the distance, then sounds like the scanners are getting a rough time. That might explain the tailing on the dots.

Either that or your scanners need a damn good tune
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

I have this problem with every projector I have work with, Medialas, Kvant, Arctos ... So I'm pretty sure it's not a projector problem.

Those two problems are giving me bad time in quite a lot of event. And it's quite basic. Doying a perfect cone was no problem even with old school scans ...

You need to adjust your blanking offset. To be honest, I don't know how to do that in Quickshow. (I have Pangolin's LD-2000, so I use Showtime.) But it appears that your blanking timing is off, which is causing the gaps in the circle. (This will also cause dots to appear as lines.)

Adam

Good shout Adam.

I thought it sounded like the scan angle was set too high. I didn't consider blanking
    In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite - Paul Dirac

I tryed all parameter on Quickshow, and nothing seems to corect this problem, in both case. :/

I have a Kvant 2.1W RGB.

Back your scan speed off a little and although not perfect, you'll find it better.

With LM's around 28K really is the limit. If you try to do 30K you will see slight errors such as those you posted. 25K should be good.

I haven't yet managed to eliminate the tails entirely on spots but you can get the circles perfect with a scan speed reduction.

I've never seen tails so bad on spots before which is what leads me to the speed issue. I get perfect spots with slight tails, not squiggles.

It also varies on spots from pattern to pattern suggesting there's a cue issue in there somewhere which is aggravated by excess speed.

For me, adjusting blanking just moves the tails to one side or the other, but doesn't eliminate them.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-10-2014 at 23:54.

As Brad says: Learn to live with it.
    My experience is that theese incorrections are the sum of to high scanspeed, and blanking set to high or to low.

My point of view here, is for projectors/equipment on the run. Equipment bolted into one place might be better off.

The really hard part comes to correcting this. As i recall, In QuickShow there are both a global setting, and a tunig possibility for each and every image/animation in the library. If one have the time and energy to optimize all, I guess you could end up with a good result.

The funny part is that it might look great in one show, but crappy in the next one. I see huge differences in this when shows are downloaded from Pangolinshows.com. Some shows are great, and others are "not so great".

One more downside is, when you owe more than one projector, the ideal setting for one, looks crappy on the next. I have tried to do the "best setting inbetween" and live with that.

Most of us spend a great deal of time tuning, and I guess there is no such thing as a "One tuning/setting fits all"
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!

Hi guys,

I've been away from PL for a while, managing the production of our scanners. We've gotten a large amount of orders since the last few trade shows.

The artifacts that you see above are from the scanners. The "tearing" is from damping not being set correctly. On top of that there are "squiggles" which are from insufficient stiffness in the system (i.e. mirrors too thin or possibly even shafts too thin -- this is why our mirrors are 25% to 50% thicker and shafts are indeed 50% larger in diameter when compared with others).

I think we can add a few things to the software to hide these artifacts however. Give us a week or so.

DJEM please contact me privately by email at www.pangolin.com/contact so I can make sure you receive a software update for testing.

Bill