Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New DMX beam-rail from Goldenstar

Northlight systems sells DMX boards that could control individual modules. But by the time you purchased the DMX decoder board, the 8 modules, the drivers, a power supply, and built an enclosure, I think you would have spent more than the retail cost of the LaserBar units from Goldenstar...

Adam

I really try not to shill here, but I have to say something this time. These bars have been around for quite some time and while they're a pretty cool effect they're also extremely limiting. The multi-head system called X-Pod we developed a few years ago is way more flexible and allows you much cooler effects. You can still run parallel beams, but you can also build nets, cones, cubes, walls, all kinds of stuff and you can place them far apart from each other if you want to for a wide, spread out effect. They've been battle tested on everything from international touring acts to corporate installations. They're also made in the USA, which personally I'm a fan of.

Done being a sellout. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    The multi-head system called X-Pod
    Could you please post a link ?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the x-pods are cool, but quite expensive.

~700$ for the controller (controls up to 8 pods)
    individual pods appear to range from 350$ to 500$.

source: http://www.realproaudio.com/x-laser

x-laser is legal and probably more robust. i have no skin in the game, but my preference is always for legal and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    I really try not to shill here, but I have to say something this time. These bars have been around for quite some time and while they're a pretty cool effect they're also extremely limiting. The multi-head system called X-Pod we developed a few years ago is way more flexible and allows you much cooler effects. You can still run parallel beams, but you can also build nets, cones, cubes, walls, all kinds of stuff and you can place them far apart from each other if you want to for a wide, spread out effect. They've been battle tested on everything from international touring acts to corporate installations. They're also made in the USA, which personally I'm a fan of.

Done being a sellout. Have a nice day.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thank you for the link, sure thatīs a nice product too !

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yes, the X Pods are cool. They've been at SELEM the last two years. Amazingly bright for their power. Regrettably, they're an extremely, extremely expensive proposition. I was offered a good deal on a set about a year ago and wish I could have afforded it but, it was if I recall around $5,000.

I'd be more inclined to stick to a beam table for this and more effects, but for someone that has no desire to build, this may be a good option. X-Laser being the better, for both legal and quality - neither comes cheap.
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon