Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Innolasers - Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    this thread is terminally derailed, me thinks... ... ...

this is a typing war, he who types the most, wins, meaning long lost
    Yes, absolutely - I am a plant and my roots go deep so can't help responding to Bill - Sorry :P

To respond in short hand:

Totally newb, inexperienced, yes - will try computer sleep and send log files. Never used canned content in LSX as it was easy and more fun to create my own.
    Last edited by Galvonaut; 04-21-2014 at 08:30.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    On the other hand, over the past 15 years more than half of the ILDA Awards were won by Pangolin clients, around 1/3 by LOBO, and the rest to Lasergraph DSP.
    here's the breakdown from ilda.

http://www.laserist.org/PM-docs-and-...year-alpha.pdf

If LDS and all of its variants are so great, then why was there only two awards won using it?
    Bill
    phoenix is a cousin of LDS..

bill,

i'm not knocking you or your products. pangolin clearly is the industry leader and has served many people quite well.

i am completely uninterested in the abstract notion of "what product is best" and much more interested in "what product best serves my needs". as i've said many times, i have no interest in religious wars. i, and a number of other users, enjoy lsx. some of us also have and use pangolin products or eye magic, or medialase, or laserium, or etc.. i get approached very frequently and asked what product is better. one hundred percent of the time my response is: "what is your intended use?". depending on the answer, i have recommend your products.

i have used quickshow in live performances. i have also used lsx. they are just tools. select the tool that meets your needs and focus on making beautiful light. lsx meets my needs, but it's clearly not for everyone. or perhaps maybe it's only right for a small user pool. it is, however, clearly right for some users. galvo and cmb are really forcing me to step up my game. i spend a lot of time with those guys and latte fueled collaboration runs thick in the PL irc room.

pangolin support is better than innolasers/drlava. no one can dispute that. i have no doubt that i could call/skype/email you with issues and get them resolved quickly and courteously. that's nice to bank on.

all of this is off topic. AM, i'm sorry for polluting your thread.

innolasers is legit. they're just slow to respond.
    Last edited by swamidog; 04-21-2014 at 10:37. Reason: caveman grammer
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Not every single person who purchases LSX will have the same enjoyable and successful experience that you have had. I have heard this in private conversations and this can also be seen in Facebook groups, where beginners and experienced professionals alike buy it, and then struggle to do anything with it. Clearly some people have been successful, including Swami, CMB and you. But Swami is an "unmarried computer programmer" . CMB is a fricken physicist for god's sake. And you? Well, you're a plant <just kidding>
    Just to add another data point. I've had LSX for a little over a year and haven't spent much time writing content until recently, but I just counted and this year I've written 14 shows (3 to 6 projector shows, albeit they accompany lightshows and don't usually run continuously. Eight of those were completed in the last 30 days.

I am as dumb as a box of rocks, but what I can do with LSX is currently limited only by my imagination. The point being that LSX is pretty darn easy to use after you get past some of the idiosyncrasies of the interface. You can utilize math for just about everything if you'd like, but you don't need to write a single equation. (I've written maybe 6 equations from scratch.) I'm sure Phoenix, Beyond, and the other Pango products are in the same boat. As others have said, each product has its strengths.

On that note, I've recently considered purchasing Phoenix, but the price-point for the high end version (plus the need for 7 DACs) scares the be-jesis out of my Amex. Not to mention, the thought of giving another dime to LaserWorld after the junk they sold me ~6 years ago makes me . . irritated. That said, if Pangolin continues to support and develop Phoenix over the next year, I might ask to make the purchase from your good folks in Orlando.

Finally, did you say 400 Quickshow sales per day? Wow! If I were selling that much product, I'd be more concerned about where I was taking my private jet over the weekend than worrying about some guy who sells a few dozen copies of another lasershow alternative.

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 04-21-2014 at 14:03. Reason: nothing important
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

does your wife know you're an LSX user??!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Just to add another data point. I've had LSX for a little over a year and haven't spent much time writing content until recently, but I just counted and this year I've written 14 shows (3 to 6 projector shows, albeit they accompany lightshows and don't usually run continuously. Eight of those were completed in the last 30 days.

I am as dumb as a box of rocks, but what I can do with LSX is currently limited only by my imagination. The point being that LSX is pretty darn easy to use after you get past some of the idiosyncrasies of the interface. You can utilize math for just about everything if you'd like, but you don't need to write a single equation. (I've written maybe 6 equations from scratch.) I'm sure Phoenix, Beyond, and the other Pango products are in the same boat. As others have said, each product has its strengths.

On that note, I've recently considered purchasing Phoenix, but the price-point for the high end version (plus the need for 7 DACs) scares the be-jesis out of my Amex. Not to mention, the thought of giving another dime to LaserWorld after the junk they sold me ~6 years ago makes me . . irritated.

Finally, did you say 400 Quickshow sales per day? Wow! If I were selling that much product, I'd be more concerned about where I was taking my private jet over the weekend than worrying about some guy who sells a few dozen copies of another lasershow alternative.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    does your wife know you're an LSX user??!!
    Well yes, but I'm thinking if I want to up my game and go for an ILDA award, it'll be easier for me to ditch the wife than to pursue a degree in physics . . .
    Last edited by dkumpula; 04-21-2014 at 14:07. Reason: non-sensical first response
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

i have no doubt that i could call/skype/email you with issues and get them resolved quickly and courteously.
    Regarding courteousness, your milage may vary with me ;-) but the other folks at Pangolin, whose main job it is to support people, are always courteous!

but I just counted and this year I've written 14 shows
    Even completely setting aside quality level, these numbers are pretty impressive!

On that note, I've recently considered purchasing Phoenix, but the price-point for the high end version (plus the need for 7 DACs) scares the be-jesis out of my Amex.
    I think compared with LSX, Phoenix offers a similar user interface and similar user experience, so of LSX does what you need, then fine. Phoenix does offer some features that are not currently found in literally any other laser software, such as the visualizer. If you need these extras, then there might be a reason to look at Phoenix. Nevertheless, I would have thought the price-point would be at least vaguely similar. Please give me a PM because I'd like to check in on this, just incase our prices are out of whack.

Not to mention, the thought of giving another dime to LaserWorld after the junk they sold me ~6 years ago makes me . . irritated.
    I hear you there brother! We too were cautious about getting involved with them as a dealer a few years ago. But I have to say, over the past few years it's been pretty smooth sailing, and I don't hear of much unethical behavior, or exaggerating of specs and such, as I heard about constantly here on PL around six years ago. My impression is that it's a different kind of company. We also helped them to hire a few people, including US staff and a few others in their headquarters.

At this point, for most anyone, I'd say you should not fear purchasing from LaserWorld.

That said, if Pangolin continues to support and develop Phoenix over the next year, I might ask to make the purchase from your good folks in Orlando.
    We put another year into it since our purchase last April. We believe it is the most solid ever. All of the known bugs (pages and pages of single-spaced type) are fixed, and most of the user wishes have been implemented. We'll release another demo version of it soon.

Finally, did you say 400 Quickshow sales per day?
    Yes, Ante tells me the record was over 400, but I forget the number. Maybe 440 something...

I'd be more concerned about where I was taking my private jet over the weekend than worrying about some guy who sells a few dozen copies of another lasershow alternative.
    Hehe. Well at the price we sell at (despite the fact that it's higher than those who have a day job), the profit isn't as high as it might appear. I can say the same about scanners, but that's a different story.

But we're not concerned about the overall marketplace, as much as individuals who might only have a few hundred dollars to spend, and need to make a buying decision between something whose name conjures ease-of-use more than power (but that has been used to make more than 200 shows on our shows portal) and something that seems, on the surface, to be more powerful but where support is a second thought.

The PM I received from the guy (who is quite smart by the way) who decided to purchase LSX was quite moving. The problem is, he spent all the money he had, and now he's unhappy... Clearly there are happy users of LSX. You, CMB, Galvo and Swami are all a testament to this. No question about it.

I once again think Swami said it best, insomuch as all of these things are tools, and they should be looked at in that light.

Bill

Regarding courteousness, your milage may vary with me ;-) but the other folks at Pangolin, whose main job it is to support people, are always courteous!
    courtesy is a sliding scale. as long as it's not poison darts and voodoo dolls.

The PM I received from the guy (who is quite smart by the way) who decided to purchase LSX was quite moving. The problem is, he spent all the money he had, and now he's unhappy... Clearly there are happy users of LSX. You, CMB, Galvo and Swami are all a testament to this. No question about it.
    i'm sorry to hear there. especially if it was someone i steered in that direction. has he tried contacting drlava? i don't know what/if there is a refund policy, but that's where i'd start.

I once again think Swami said it best, insomuch as all of these things are tools, and they should be looked at in that light.

Bill
    absolutely! that's why i started the eye melty abstract thread and have been encouraging users of all products to participate. i just want to make beautiful stuff and work with other people who are doing the same.
    Last edited by swamidog; 04-21-2014 at 20:00.

emacs*.

*mention of emacs is not intended to start a religious war from the vi camp.
    thou shall not mention holy words then, as there is always a slight possibility to spark a flame, even if mighty Emax and Vimpire are just laughing at our puny wars

Back on topic:

I purchased Lasercam pro a couple of weeks ago and I wanted it licensed with my QM2k. Communications have been very slow and the license has still not been worked out completely. I have a strong feeing I will not get another reaction without sending an e-mail myself first.

Although the product may be good, I am very unhappy with the lack of support. As someone mentioned before: there were no delays with taking my money, only with delivery and support of the product.

Conclusion: If you decide to offer a product or service commercially, you have to deliver within an acceptable period of time, and Innolasers has failed to do that in my opinion.

The delivery time is definitely not Legit.

Ordered LSX 7/22/2014 with USPS priority mail Express International lol ($56 to Australia)
    Payment accepted 7/23/2014
    Shipped 9/16/2014
    Received 9/22/2014
    Emailed for an activation file 9/23/2014
    Received activation file 10/13/2014

0 correspondence apart from the above notifications

1 phone disconnected

Very poor customer experience. To offer express post is laughable.

Delivery time - 3 months for software bought on the web.