Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Innolasers - Legit?

Hi all,
    I'm really new to this and have sent an enquiry to LSX on hardware/OS requirements for their software(s) but still no response in weeks now so was wondering if anyone here could help?

Also interested in their LaserCam software and was wondering if that can work as a standalone or would I need LSX and/or it's hardware (DAC's) to be able to run it? Has anybody used it and can give a review?

Thanks

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

lasercam can work stand alone.

not only does it work for real time performance, you can save the output as an ilda frame stream for use in any laser show package that has ilda import. here's a show i made with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoganysuite View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm really new to this and have sent an enquiry to LSX on hardware/OS requirements for their software(s) but still no response in weeks now so was wondering if anyone here could help?

Also interested in their LaserCam software and was wondering if that can work as a standalone or would I need LSX and/or it's hardware (DAC's) to be able to run it? Has anybody used it and can give a review?

Thanks
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    lasercam can work stand alone.

not only does it work for real time performance, you can save the output as an ilda frame stream for use in any laser show package that has ilda import. here's a show i made with it.

Thanks for that. What are the system requirements to be able to run this, OS, 32 or 64bit? Also, would you know if there's an option to download it after purchase or do you need the installation disc? I'm worried after reading the above that I may be waiting for weeks without even know if the item has been sent after payment made…
    In this case would, is there an alternative? Would pangolin have products that can do that same thing as Lasercam can?

it's one of the reasons i love emacs*.

*mention of emacs is not intended to start a religious war from the vi camp.
    damn hippies

:wq!

Hi ,

some Words about Dynamics...
    Bill (who knows me since many Years ) is right. It is one of many Clones of Lennart Wietzkes LDS/ Laserdesignstudio.

Boris ( Bocatec ) knows me also many Years and i visit him often because he uses "Our" Hardware (Phoenix USB V1 )
    Our ?? Thats Joachim Mueller and me. Joachim is developing Laserparts since nearly 25 Years (Easylase, Easylase II, Netlase, Netlase LC, the Phoenix Micro was our Easylase LC)
    He did the Hardware and I the Test-Tools, DLLīs, Driverīs, ....

Why i become of of the XX People who bought the Code ?
    To save Time...The Base-Code was full of great Ideas but also full of Bugs Lennart most Times only ignore.. :-)
    And because Scanners, DACīs and own Lasermodules where in our Hands only a own Software was missing.
    Then I start programming, cleaning Bugs, realizing own Ideas and also Ideas of my Customers.

To Compare one Clone with another is really hard...every Programmer goes his own Way. There will ever be some things one Programm can do which another one cant do.
    But why not ? Everyone Customer can try the Demo of Pango, Phoenix, LSX, Dynamics and what ever and then he self makes his own Decision which Software is the right one for him.

One big Different i often see is that US Customers love Lissajous / Abstracts. In Germany i dont know anyone who like them in the same way so this is a Feature where i didnt spend much Time.
    Also a great Part of Users use their Laser for Live-Shows most Time. Also not my Main Part. There is Little Live-Tool based on the APC 40 ( Version 1 ) but it dont have much Features.

Most of my Customers are programming Music based Lasershows , some with Setups up to 20 Lasers or more. THATS THE PART where i spend my Time . Me and 4 friends of mine are developing
    this Software beside our main Jobs. There was no Update since April last Year but i am sure that when we met in the Netherlands there is something i can Show you if you like.

On our last Laserfreak-Meeting here in my Hometown there where Shows including 12 Laserprojectors, Pyros, DMX-Lights and Videoprojection.
    Hobbybob visits our Meeting in Koenigsberg and because of that we promised to come to his Meeting in 2 Month.

I really Love Laserfreak - Meetings where you can talk to Guys you only know from the Forum face 2 face, drink something together or whatever.
    OK..even there are some other disturbing us with some Lasershows :-)

About the Brightness-Compare in an other Thread: Because i know something about the Phoenix Output Algorythmen i am sure that there always can and will be
    a differenct to other Products depending on the Framerate / Laser on/off Ratio / Interpolation and so on. There are many ways you can go. Some are good for the Brighness, other produce more sharper Graphics.
    All together isnt possible in my Eyes. Just find a nice way between theese Ways ...
    In nearly every Software you can use different Scannersettings inside a Show to optimize the last 10% but most Programmers dont use this way.

Because i know the Complete Way from your Mouse - Movement inside my Software through the USB/Ethernet to the DACīs Microcontroller and from there over SPI to the DACīs and
    last to the ILDA Plug: There are several Points where you can go the Wrong Way :-)

But In my Eyes None of the Ways is WRONG, it is only different. What i like to say is that is is better for all of us when Companyīs and Users work together and not against each other.
    Not possible every Time but a wrong understanded Word can make more Trouble than it is worth..

Hope that you can read my "Denglish" :-) I am nearly 44 Years and School is Long time ago...

See you at DLEM !! Promise you to spend some Beers :-)
    Greetings
    Guido

www.mylaserpage.de

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoganysuite View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Hi Mahoganysuite,

LSX (as well as Lasercam and ILD SOS) works on 32bit or 64bit Windows platforms. In my experience, LSX does not have high processor requirements. There are threads here on PL that speak to the features of LSX, Lasercam, and ILD SOS. A little searching will go a long ways. . There are also excellent tutorials and user written manuals for LSX (in addition to the one that comes with it) available.

In additition to Swamidogs comments regarding Lasercam, let me add that the pro version allows you to pull video directly from your desktop. Although Lasercam does not have any dependencies on other packages, ILD SOS is extremely useful for reducing point counts and otherwise optimizing frames / animation captured with Lasercam. Again those threads speak to the features in more detail.

Finally, although DrLava is frequently slow on email, he has always delivered (eventually). Support after purchases is furthered by a good group of fellow users. Some of which are almost always available on the PL chat room.

Have fun with your research and future purchases!

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

syntax/comment highlighting is not just for amateur coders.

it's one of the reasons i love emacs*.

*mention of emacs is not intended to start a religious war from the vi camp.
    I had to pipe in here I heard a new perspective on that war... Vi is a wonderful text editor that is what it does. emacs is an IDE that can edit text, but can do a whole lot more.

Sort of like comparing notepad to visual studio or sublime text to Xcode.

Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.