Thread: Variance Application Question

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Variance Application Question

I'm assisting a new person with the completion of a variance application as he's buying a certified projector (not from me) and legally... needs the variance to purchase it in the first place.

Can he... just fill out the 4 page application form correctly and send that in or...

does he need to do the whole 13+ page "Report on Laser Light Show or Display"? I "think" it should just be the application because he can't really draw diagrams and drawings of the show venue without even having a projector, much less a place to run it AND... if he's getting a legal projector for home use and it's the right thing to do... is someone really drawing their basement???

I think, if I'm understanding it correctly that, he can send in the application, get a variance, buy the projector and then submit the show report with the variance letter attached once has a place to do a show. Correct?

We know the system is a little wacky but, since I HAD a venue and assistance with completing mine, it was all able to be set in together as one big packet.

The company selling him said projector should do all the paperwork for him...

Hi Brad,

He needs both. The applications are not generally approved without the show report.

Hope that helps!

Yes, thanks. I was going to reference the X-Laser EZ Variance kit in my original post and how you managed it when, perhaps a DJ buying one of your products from one of your dealers may have no idea from weekend to weekend what venue he's going to be in.

(Yes Dan... I know you were thinking, "The nearsighted with an astigmatism leading the blind." LOL But, I'm at least "trying" to assist him. )
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 04-14-2014 at 17:52. Reason: Addition of good natured humor

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    The company selling him said projector should do all the paperwork for him...
    In this case, I believe it's Able Lasers and I don't think they've reached that point yet.

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    In this case, I believe it's Able Lasers and I don't think they've reached that point yet.
    We only know that we need Manual and FDA-2877 when we export to USA, about the importer, how to get the variance approved, we don't know too much indeed.

Default FDA variance

FDA officer Emir will go to our company during April 25 to May 7, if there is any question, we may ask him. I think that we can get the reply exactly.