Thread: Did something happen to The Doctor?

Default Did something happen to The Doctor?

Last post he made was on February 24. I sent him a private message but did not receive a reply. Does anyone know what's up?

Bill

Not aware of anything ,but he just disappeared once before from the
    Forum ,I am sure he will be back in a year or so
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Bill, i've sent you an email.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

He got slapped down rather hard on this thread...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Wow thats some slap down ,then he is off somewhere licking his wounds bill ,might be back in two years after that one then
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

WOW that's too bad. There was a time when he kind of got on my nerves, but once we started communicating more clearly (perhaps an adjustment on my part more than his), then I really started liking him.

I'm not going to read the other thread -- I've got better things to do with my time, plus have my own opinion about people.

I know that The Doctor has a kind of medical condition of sorts. He told me as much in a private email. (If not everyone knows it, then I'm not going to blab...)

Once I learned of this, it really made my adjust my own perception of people here on the forum, and my approach. Up until then, I figured that everyone on the other side of the keyboard was just like me. But once The Doctor told me of his situation, I came to realize that, you really never know what's going on in people's lives...

I do hope he stops back by. Some people might have thought he was a pain (me included from time to time) but there is no doubt that he has a passion for lasers and a willingness to connect. Certainly that same thing can be said about many of us...

For those who are bothered by him, just do what I did to a few folks here on PL (Edison being one of them). Put them in your "ignore" list and then you'll never hear from them again

Bill

If I remember correctly The Doctor said he was leaving a while ago, which I thought was sad. Then a load of folks, including you Bill, reached out to him regarding getting a projector up and running, so I guess he stuck around a while longer.

Hope he's ok and just busy like I have been

Keith