Thread: Quickshow Capture.. Help needed

Default Quickshow Capture.. Help needed

Hi Guys,

I need some help with QS Capture.. I have created 2 cues made from statics with effects on them. I have given them there own cue and when try to capture them together the capture button will not work?? Am i doing something wrong or have other people encounterd this aswell.. Basically i am trying to created my own cue of something you would find the mixed section.. Thanks heaps

Right.
    After playing around with various things, it seems that you can capture a static cue and make a copy of the capture to another cue space. However, once you have a copy of the static, while you can modify it with FX you cannot capture the output from the copy (even just one cue let alone multiple ques). You can however play multiple cues made from copies of statics.
    Last edited by WolfMax; 11-23-2014 at 03:31.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Solved!!

Select multi Cue play. Goto the statics page. Select the statics you want to combine. Goto QFX. in the left side of the QFX panel, click on CUE. In the main output display panel (top right) select the cue you want to modify and make the FX modifications in QFX, Do the same for each cue. Once done, switch to QCapture and click on capture. You will now have all the modified cues in the capture panel with the resultant combined output in the Qcapture output display. select the cue page you want to store the combined cue in and drag the output from QCaptue into the desired cue space.

Job done.

Basically since you are modifying the actual statics and making the copy of the result, it works. The original statics return to default once deselected.
    Last edited by WolfMax; 11-23-2014 at 03:35.
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

Seems it isn't just statics you cannot make captures from copies of. Any cue, if you make a copy of it can not be captured.
    Cheers

Colin.

Hey Colin,

Thanks heaps for helping me get round this capture problem i really appreciate it. I followed your instructions was able to get it done I did receive another work around where you place you place the 2 statics in separate timeline tracks and add effect tracks to each of them.. This method also allows you preview both statics and effects.. The problem i have encountered with both of these work arounds is.. once you have them loaded into a cue either from capture or timeline, you cannot load that cue back into time? Am i totally missing something or is just like that? Thanks heaps again
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timeline preview.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	475.8 KB 
ID:	45476

I think it's the same problem. Once you have created a cue from other cues, you can't use that cue in capture/time line as it contains copies of the original cues.
    Cheers

Colin.

bummer... i guess you just have to do what you can with what is possible... you would think something like would be a standard feature... one for the suggestion box then hey Thanks again for trying

FIXED!!

I figured out how to do what we were talking about... i'll try and word it as easy as possible..

copy static/s to new cue/s

on second cue right click - use 'copy contents of cue"

on first/main cue - right click - edit synth image.

click + symbol and select so it is green - then use Edit - Paste and it will send cue to selection

select a QFX. then right click on QFX under preview window then "add to favourites" (it will make things easier)

Go back to Cue open Edit synth image

Select synth image - on preview select "Effect quick syth item"

Select Favourite Effects.

Pick a Saved effect from previous step

right click on effect and select "Apply"

(This will only apply effect to cue not as a master

then it is possible to drag to timeline

Took a while but i got ther