Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ilda v1 to v0 converter

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

I think you shouldn't include the palette... but the best thing you can do is test once you get the chance

James, That file plays correctly. So far its the only one that does. Every other attempt I tried still has blanking lines. =(

James, I'm having a play with ILD SOS but cannot get the pallet file right. properly because my laser is ttl 7 colors. What pal file did you use when you created the file you sent above as it's colors are correct.

As an alternative option, just list out the keystrokes for me to use in Laserboy, I don't completely understand what they mean, but if i just started with
    I
    and ended with
    O (from memory for output)
    I may as well try recreate the results you obtained from the file above.

Thanks

Oh come on!

LaserBoy is simple!

It's a lot like building a ship in a bottle, except the bottle is opaque and you are wearing oven mitts.

I didn't mess with the palette at all. The art was already green and white. Those colors come from the default palette of 63 colors that is assumed to be the correct one because no other palette is defined.

All I did was move the art forward into 3D space and optimize it with factors of 2400 points for both options 3 and 4 found in the [Tab] menu.

2400 was a wild guess based on the idea that your DAC is probably doing 20K points per second.
    Last edited by james; 04-29-2014 at 09:37.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

It would seem easy if you wrote the software but it's much more confusing for someone that has no idea what they are doing (me).

I'm wondering how I mucked up the image (it was real sloppy) and how I need up with no blanking between letters.

Could you please list out the keystrokes you used so I can try to reproduce the results you obtained. you had blanking and the text looked tight and good.

Thanks

You probably need to optimize the art in LaserBoy as well.

That's just one more step.

Sloppy art and weird blanking lines is usually an indication that the scanners are being over driven.

Optimization controls the velocity to what ever your scanners can handle.

Look in the [Tab] menu at options 3 and 4. Change them to something like 2400. Your DAC does like 20K or 25K points per second. The default numbers for these options are set for a sound card DAC that does 48K points per second.

Once you have set these numbers, go back to main and go into the h menu. Use Q (capital Q) to optimize all the frames in the set and save that.

Higher numbers speed up the galvos. Lower numbers slow them down. You can see this as a factor of the number of new points that get added along straight lines. The distance between the points is how far the scanners need to move in one DAC sample.

From the main menu, check menu x, system switch settings, option a, to make sure you are saving your files WITH optimizations. Option a should be off before you save your ILDA file. Check to make sure the optimizations are there by opening the file you just made in LaserBoy and turning on display points and blanking in menu u.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.