Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone tried www.animated-lines.com?

Building a site like that is in my skill set. I wonder what their sales are like. Are they really the only site of its kind?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

There is nothing wrong with Rotoscoping classic animations from cartoons. That said, there is good rotoscoping and there is BAD rotoscoping. Much of what is on that site is designed for 12K scanners and is not so well designed. Worse yet, I see a few of my friend's 1990's framesets up there, and he is not going to be too pleased to see it.

There are a few beautiful animations there.

If you need a dancer animation in a pinch.......

Back in the 90s, ~700 rotoscoped frames cost you 250$, which would be about 450-500$ in todays pricing, so the prices are not too bad. I note the really best stuff is still spendy, there.

In the early 90s, there was no such thing as extracting frames from 3D models, you either Rotoscoped frames or had a artist draw them.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-02-2014 at 03:52.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I think you can get a lot of frames from the pangolin show site. I don't know the rules for reuse off that site but please feel free to use my shows frames all you want but make sure they are not pangolin library frames first because those you can't use unless you own pangolin software. I used a number of them so be careful. There are however at least 50% of them that are mine.