Thread: AUSLEM 2014 - 21st June 2014 - Sydney

Laser Warning AUSLEM 2014 - 21st June 2014 - Sydney

By heck it's only gonna happen! Is this the first Aussie based LEM?

We've got an amazing venue sorted for this, kinda like having our own nightclub to play with but privately owned, it's a great space. Thanks to mrzee for sorting.

We have a date set - the 21st June 2014. Myself, loopee and mrzee will set up what we need to on the Friday (20th) and the space will be ours on the Saturday (21st) morning from around 10 and continue until the early hours of Sunday morning, the warehouse will be decked out with decor and a PA and will just need some sexy coherant light or multimedia projectors if you're that way inclined... :-)

There is a stage and some rigging but will see about the setup depending on the turn out. I think there may even be a pole in the middle but please no scantily clad ladies.. ;-)

People are welcome to travel in on the Friday or Saturday, there are plenty of places to stay, I will get a list put up here in due course but an idea of numbers at this stage would be good.

The Saturday will be totally free, we will pay for the venue, but donations of food and beer will help us all along nicely.

The warehouse is in Marrickville, Sydney - there is plenty of free parking there and it's in an industrial area so noise isn't an issue but we do want to hear ourselves talk for the most part! There is a bar with fridges, although we will provide our own refreshments and a kitchen too. We will set aside a work bench area, so feel free to bring along any projects for help and advice or anything you would like to sell. (please, laser related goods only, we don't want your old bike or speedboat)

Look forward to seeing you/ meeting you there.

List of numbers please?

Default I nterest here

Quote Originally Posted by steviobee View Post
    By heck it's only gonna happen! Is this the first Aussie based LEM?

We've got an amazing venue sorted for this, kinda like having our own nightclub to play with but privately owned, it's a great space. Thanks to mrzee for sorting.

We have a date set - the 21st June 2014. Myself, loopee and mrzee will set up what we need to on the Friday (20th) and the space will be ours on the Saturday (21st) morning from around 10 and continue until the early hours of Sunday morning, the warehouse will be decked out with decor and a PA and will just need some sexy coherant light or multimedia projectors if you're that way inclined... :-)

There is a stage and some rigging but will see about the setup depending on the turn out. I think there may even be a pole in the middle but please no scantily clad ladies.. ;-)

People are welcome to travel in on the Friday or Saturday, there are plenty of places to stay, I will get a list put up here in due course but an idea of numbers at this stage would be good.

The Saturday will be totally free, we will pay for the venue, but donations of food and beer will help us all along nicely.

The warehouse is in Marrickville, Sydney - there is plenty of free parking there and it's in an industrial area so noise isn't an issue but we do want to hear ourselves talk for the most part! There is a bar with fridges, although we will provide our own refreshments and a kitchen too. We will set aside a work bench area, so feel free to bring along any projects for help and advice or anything you would like to sell. (please, laser related goods only, we don't want your old bike or speedboat)

Look forward to seeing you/ meeting you there.

List of numbers please?
    Interest here, but will have to be tentative as was planning to make it down to melb in July as kavant is coming over for the entech show there.

Can everyone concerned, confirm (if they haven't already) if they are coming or not?

We have a great setup for us and are looking forward to meeting anyone here who fancies joining us.

Hi Guys sorry I'm out as I'm working that weekend.

Have fun
    Kit

Totally bummed I have left the air fare tickets to late i'm looking at a minimum of $600.00 for flights which puts me out of action. Really wish I could be there. I was looking forward to some beyond sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by zerowaitstate View Post
    Totally bummed I have left the air fare tickets to late i'm looking at a minimum of $600.00 for flights which puts me out of action. Really wish I could be there. I was looking forward to some beyond sharing...
    That is a bummer indeed.

Reminder: The LEM is this weekend (Saturday 21st).

Time: 1PM till late
    Cost: Free for anyone contributing, beer donation for spectators

If you are intending to come along with equipment please let us know ASAP so we can ensure you have a suitable place for your gear and that we plan things accordingly. This is an industrial area, plenty of street parking available. While we realise this event is posted here in public view we ask that you use discretion and do not advertise this event anywhere else in order to avoid every man and his dog coming along for a show.

Bonus: We have some lucky door prizes from LVP / lasershowparts.com to give away. Thanks Dave!

mrzee.

What a great time we had trying out some new set ups, configuration and was good to meet some new people and old friends.

Massive thanks to Dave @ lasershowparts.com for the give aways, we will have a pic of the lucky recipients following shortly as well as some great shots from the day, I've seen some already and they looked great, it is always tricky to capture the 'real' feel of lasers.

So thanks to all who came down and look forward to the next one....

Some pictures from the weekend

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00884.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	328.3 KB 
ID:	43709

Name:	DSC00895.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	817.1 KB 
ID:	43710

Name:	DSC00896.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	816.5 KB 
ID:	43711

Name:	DSC00913.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	286.9 KB 
ID:	43712

Name:	DSC00916.jpg 
Size:	443.0 KB 
ID:	43713

Name:	DSC00919.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	43714

Name:	DSC00922.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	43715

Name:	DSC00937.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	43716

Name:	DSC00949.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	43717

Name:	DSC00950.jpg 
Size:	302.8 KB 
ID:	43718

Name:	DSC00958.jpg 
Size:	484.7 KB 
ID:	43719

Name:	DSC00962.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	459.3 KB 
ID:	43720

Name:	DSC00963.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	410.6 KB 
ID:	43721

Name:	DSC00965.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	43722

Name:	DSC00975.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	434.4 KB 
ID:	43723

Name:	DSC00979.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	411.7 KB 
ID:	43724

Name:	DSC00985.jpg 
Size:	355.9 KB 
ID:	43725
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Nice pictures!

Looks like you guys had a hell of a show going on in there. Very cool. (Wish Australia wasn't so damned far away!)

Adam