Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 520nm diodes - Beam shape? Bias current? Cooling?

I am having driver issues myself. I like the look of those LaserTack drivers, But is there anything like that from a north American supplier?

One thing I have noticed about the various drivers recommended here - most only supply 2A, whereas the Flexmod P3 goes to 4A. Looking at DTR's website, the optimum drive current for the 1W 520 diodes looks to be 2.5A to get 1.5W output, so there doesn't seem to be much other choice than the Flexmod.

No there are these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3A-analog-...item258c20986e
    Not to sure if these are made by someone on here ?
    Bbe possibly
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

You can run these multichannel amps in parallel for increased current handling.

Badger,
    I've never seen these before. Moscow,hmm? Any experience with these?

@ planters : these drivers come from a PL member named Bbe, and usually his products are good quality (even if I never tested the driver pointed in the link of Badger specificaly)

--- www.neodym.be ---

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    the optimum drive current for the 1W 520 diodes looks to be 2.5A to get 1.5W output
    If that is the impression it gave I should probably reword it. 2.5A is where increasing the current no longer gives an increase in power. That is not where you want to run it. The ones I sell with driver I pair with a 2A X-drive and I personally don't suggest passing 2.2A even in something with a short duty cycle. In a continuously running situation without TEC but adequate active cooling 1.8A will probably be a good recommend current. With TEC you could probably push it up a bit. The tests I do are meant to show what the efficiency properties of the diode all the way to the breaking point or foldback.

Badger and DTR - thanks, more very useful info.

Does anyone know the beam polarization for subj?

Here is my test with prisms on Nichia 520 1w from DTR (thanks Jordan!) however not very accurate yet.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...eferrerid=9962
    Anyway, I really want to try cylindicals but need to know exact lens to try and where to purchase. Want round beam, if possible..
    I could post my results asap here
    any help?
    thanks!