Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangolin users in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by JStewart View Post
    Hi Yag,
    If you are interested in an Intro, give us a call, and we can see if we can help you.

Best regards,

James Stewart
    Cool, thanks for that, I'll drop you guys a line!

P.S. I think I bought the Beam Sculptor GM software from you guys many, many moons ago!

Hi all ...

its been a while since last posting as ive been on the road and just arrived in new zealand at a hotel with decent Wifi ....

so im catching up on threads

Jimbo ....
    I was on the verge of getting Pangolin, but with the impending move to Thailand, all things laser went on hold ..... so im still running Mamba black .... but as soon as everything gets to thailand i will move over ... and also get my 1.3W of RGB fitted in the projector

Jem ...
    Sorry for not getting back sooner to you regarding PM about the laser operator training at Laser visuals on the 16th april ..... what is good is that James that runs the course has just posted in this thread. so im sure that he will be able to answer all the questions give him a PM

training link to website here http://www.laservisuals.com/training.htm

my veiws on the course are.... it was one of the best courses i have been on ... for a hobbyist it may seem like a lot of money to spend on a course .. but when you have done it you realise that its worth every penny, at the end of the day you also get a 200 page handbook that covers all the technical and legal details, you also get a certificate that is a must when you come to do profesional shows, it shows the customer and safety officers that you are a competent laser operator and have invested in safety, James has a good way of getting across the most technical of details in a way that people of all skill levels can understand, and it was great to talk to other laserheads ... Pro and hobbyist ...

James...
    welcome to this wonderful place ... hope you and Julie are well...
    as a Pango dealer and with Bills new hobbyist based hardware/ software coming out
    it is good that you can get involved here .... all the best mate

Karl

Thanks for your views Karl, much appreciated. I took a decision (before receiving your reply) that I would book on this course. As you know, I work in optics and take the issues of laser safety very very seriously indeed.

Yes, it is quite expensive, however, having read and studied some of the legislation (HSG95 etc.) I cannot see how any new prospective laserist can possibly have the confidence (or credibility) when dealing with local authorities without the benefit of some sort of formal training. The alternative route is learning all the stuff oneself, which takes time, and time is money. I'm just trying to cut down on the time I have to spend by benefitting from someone elses experience.

I figure that this course will save me loads of personal time trying to pick through the legislative minefield and I am therefore considering it as an essential part of the overall cost of my new expensive hobby

James, I look forward to meeting with you on the 16th April.

Cheers

Jem

Sorry for my delayed response to the questions in the thread. I've just returned from participating at the International Laser Safety Conference in San Francisco, so it's all been a bit hectic this week!

David, I'm afraid we decided to mothball ColourMaster last year, due to the lack of interest in the product. 3 enquiries worldwide!!! It's simply not viable to pursue getting the production run of these made. If we are looking at so low volume, then the cost would have to increase, and probably have even less interest. Shame... but it seems most people are quite happy to live with the artifacts present in multi source solid-state lasers. I suppose it's a small price to pay for having portable and lowcost equipment.

Jim, the new full version of Scanguard will be shipping to our paying customers later this week. It has a huge increase in features over the original version, and is the only software to be able to show you the exact energy distribution of complex laser effect. It even has a cool galvo model built in that can load in standard .ILD files, and then simulate the frequency response of the galvos, thereby giving you a truer representation of the energy distribution. Full details will appear on our website shortly. The priority is to roll out the full version, but very soon after we'll put the free 'lite' version on the website too.

Karl, sorry to hear that you are moving away from the UK. Good luck in Thailand! Thanks for the kind comments about the course. I'm pleased to hear you found it useful. As you point out, I think a lot of people gain a lot from sharing experiences with others too. We do try to keep the cost of the course as low as possible to cover overheads etc.

Jem, look forward to meeting you on the course!

Best regards

James

Quote Originally Posted by JStewart View Post
    David, I'm afraid we decided to mothball ColourMaster last year, due to the lack of interest in the product. 3 enquiries worldwide!!! It's simply not viable to pursue getting the production run of these made. If we are looking at so low volume, then the cost would have to increase, and probably have even less interest. Shame... but it seems most people are quite happy to live with the artifacts present in multi source solid-state lasers. I suppose it's a small price to pay for having portable and lowcost equipment.
    JStewart,

Thanks for the reply, kinda figured it had something to do with that. Oh well, really seemed like a very well made and thought out product...

David