Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamba Black and MS Vista

Ahhh... The dreaded UAC..

No, It was my fault that the music wouldn't playback. I had ripped some iTunes files to MP3 and put them onto a cd. Problem was when I burned the CD, I mistakenly picked up the original files instead of the newly ripped MP3 files. I then imported these files into the Mamba folder thinking they were MP3 files :0

Once I loaded the 'proper' MP3 files everything worked fine

Still got the message though.

Jem

Just a quick update...

Mamba Black is now co-existing quite peacefully with Windows Vista. All error messages have now gone away since I downloaded all the updates from MediaLas, or more specifically the USB DAC Drivers. I was still having the message 'Priviledged Instruction' popping up each time I stopped a show. I have cured this by running the program in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. Oh, i'm also running it as an administrator.

So, in conclusion... Mamba does now work fine under Vista albeit with a bit of fiddling

Cheers

Jem

Talking

At least windows is keeping up the "Plug and Pray" philosophy...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Oh, Bu*ger !!!

Another update to the Mamba Vs. Vista problem.

Was playing with Mamba last night and the DAC kept hanging after i'd loaded and played a couple of shows. A re-boot of both the DAC and the Laptop sorted that out. Then the music wouldn't load properly and only played the last bit, then every time I try to play a show with music it hangs the DAC.

Just to make sure it wasn't anything i'm doing I got out my trusty old XP laptop, plugged in the dongle and the DAC and everything works perfectly.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that Mamba Black (latest version v1.72) and MS Windows Vista ARE NOT compatible and reliable for doing laser shows.

I'll email Medialas next week with a list of problems and see if I can get a response. My last email to them seems to have been ignored, i'll see if they can redeem themselves this time.

Jem