Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.4W 462nm Laser Diode

I do not have a G-2 lens, so I can only make a beam profile measurement for the Geltech lens. Attached is a test report with the Geltech lens and the 462nm diode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NDB7675 with Geltech Aspheric Lens.pdf  

Hmm .. Nice profiling equipment you have there Lasertack. Looks expensive. Unfortunately I don't know how to translate that into a comparative analysis. Thanks though, I appreciate the image and the info!

There are not many things to translate. It looks much more complicated as it really is. To get a quick impression just look at the beam size "Site 5 -> Spatial ->D4σM and D4σm" and at the profile (2D and 3D) itself. Homogeneous, Gaussian like profile indicates good lens quality with low or almost no scattering caused by bad coating or any other defect of the lens. Tomorrow IŽll take some pics of an "O-Like" lens which makes the beam quality (not divergence or size) much worse.

Ok, thanks. I'm trying to get an idea of the beam size at the aperture and divergence after the correction optics using this lens vs the other one. You know, the usual stuff that we need to know.
    Last edited by steve-o; 05-26-2014 at 17:31.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Ok, thanks. I'm trying to get an idea of the beam size at the aperture and divergence after the correction optics using this lens vs the other one. You know, the usual stuff that we need to know.
    The beam size at the aperture AFTER correction depends on the magnification factor you set the optics to. For a test I set it up to for ~3x magnification. The beam size at the aperture is shown in the 2D image.The divergence is about 1.1mrad @ full angle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_0002.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	43360 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13D_0001.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	43361
    Last edited by lasertack; 05-27-2014 at 03:36.

Quote Originally Posted by lasertack View Post
    The beam size at the aperture AFTER correction depends on the magnification factor you set the optics to. For a test I set it up to for ~3x magnification. The beam size at the aperture is shown in the 2D image.The divergence is about 1.1mrad @ full angle.
    Thanks Lasertack. Those numbers look very good.

Yep, they do

I've been following this thread with great interest and tonight I decided to bite the bullet and ordered two diodes from DTR for the rebuild of my 2 Stanwax projectors.

I will post photos when I get them fitted which won't be for a few weeks yet.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

^ Nice, Carl. Looking forward to the pics

On a different note, I wonder what's up with this? No availability. I know they would be too expensive for an engineering sample for a "hobbyist" .. Nichia just seems to dangle this spec sheet out there for what purpose ?? To get a nibble from a large corporation maybe .. 1.2 watts of ~473nm .. dammmn ....

Name:	470.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	43410

Here's a pic of my recently completed modules (by logsquared, not me!) which use a 462/445 combination.

Chris reports they are corrected nicely along with the 445 and he could see a clear difference in the colours.

Name:	DSC02771.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	43424
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.