Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanging w/ Lady Gaga tonight

Smile

Spending time with Dave down under sounds like a lot of fun, actually. Gonna be a long tour though.

When you finally get back, maybe we can put something together that matches your free time.?. Worst case, we could do something in Florida on relatively short notice (we do the Florida meets in Tavares now).

Keep it in mind anyway, should you fancy a getaway in early January. (Another great option would be the up-coming Caribb-LEM in March of 2015, if you'll be available. Fantastic SCUBA diving dude!)

Meanwhile, enjoy the tour, and tell Stephanie to keep doing what she does.

Adam

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Thanks Hayden. Yes, I was a little surprised when my iPhone listing of available wifi networks included "Laser" so maybe I was picking up your iPad or something.

Let's see if I'm right on the frame. (Cue may have been the wrong word.) It was a fan of beams with purple to magenta on the outside edges, transitioning to a yellow in the middle. Closely resembling Cue 8 in Beyond/Quickshow "Fans of Beams". I've got to keep searching but, boy was it familiar.... might be actually in one of the LD2000 shows instead.

"Waggle." I've seen it before and usually in higher powered lasers used in concerts but, the back and forth 'sweeping" of beams seems to move just a bit slower than what you traditionally see. Almost like the optical illusion of having a flexible pencil when you hold in near the end with two fingers and rapidly move your hand up and down.

Funny thing about going to concerts anymore.... I'm more interested in studying the lights used and trying to correctly guess the fixtures (and how they are used) than watching the performace sometimes. My son was looking at me strange when I'm studying the roof line at the back of the Wells Fargo Center at the beam termination and patterns used, over watching the show!

For Carlos - my phone takes crap pictures in that type of lighting. Little better with video but, my nieces phone does much better so when I get her pics, I can upload some.

Here is probably the best one I could come up with:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPhone DL 21814 023.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	43182

Link broken?

Adam

Fixed. (The lasers are only on short video clips.)

She specifically asked me for a "rave" look. The scan rate reduction effect was a great friend of mine for this show. You can do some cool things with it using ordinary beam frames.

One of my favorites was a "heart beat" effect to the laser for a double bass hit.