Thread: Hanging w/ Lady Gaga tonight

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Default Hanging w/ Lady Gaga tonight

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	43175

So far the two opening acts have been ho hum. The people watching is incredible though. Where ARE these women in real life.

Anybody seen the artPop tour?

Oh, and there is a wifi network coming up in here for the MA board, her dressing room and interestingly enough, "Laser". Makes me wonder if they're running any lasers wirelessly.

Ive always wanted to see her live. Hopefully her lasers are much more artistic than the usual presets that I've seen at all the concerts I've been to
    Freelance Laser Operator in L.A.
    -

I've been here two hours and it hasn't started yet... Better be good!

Ok, to recap.... good show. There were 8 lasers. It's always hard to estimate the power levels in an arena when you're used to seeing things at LEM's but, I'm going to take a stab and say about 12 watts, maybe 15. They didn't seem "that" bright but, with video walls and all the other lighting, it's hard to guesstimate. All terminated near the roof line and almost exclusively beams, A few waves at certain parts. Most everything was programmed for the show but there were a couple cues that were straight out of Pangolin's library. About 12 sharpys and a large amount of moving heads including what I believe was something new from Robe that I saw at PLASA last week. Many of the LED washes were very pastel. Even the lasers had a blue that seemed a bit unfamiliar - more like an argon. Reds by themselves were very dim and at times you didn't even see them with all the other lighting even though they were on.

First time I've seen an artist do a full strip down costume change on stage though - full nude from the back. Theatrics and singing as expected were amazing. Not a long show though.. under an hour and 45 minutes and a bizzare way to end. Not really an encore like you traditionally see. I guess it was sort of an encore but not like the way they usually go.

The one thing that struck me about the lasers is the way they moved. I can only describe it as waggling. It was like the scanner mirrors were moving slower than traditional galvos... almost like steppers.

any pictures of the actual show?
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Hayden ( ex Pangolin ) is doing that tour I do believe. 8 x 20w RGB's.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I've seen the show ;-)

The lasers are 20W. Nothing wireless except to do zones. Those are done on my iPad.

It is very hard to compete with lighting and video, especially when they request certain colors. I agree with parts of the laser show being hard to see, you just can't win the battle wih other departments all the time. After awhile, I just started sending punchy beams out to cut through all the damn video.

There are no real "stock pangolin cues". I did use a very common frame at one point though.

Waggle... I like it!

I heard that you were doing the Lady Gaga tour, Hayden! Hope you're having fun... (Apparently she likes your work, so that's got to be a plus!)

Sure would be nice to see you at SELEM again some year dude. I know touring comes first, but if you get a break around the middle of August, you know were the rest of us will be!

Adam

I would love to go man! This tour will run almost to Christmas. August has me in Asia, and then Australia hangin with brother Dave.