Thread: Help with FlexMod P3 fault LED

Default Help with FlexMod P3 fault LED

Hi Guys,

New guy here having some problems with my FlexMod P3. My setup is the following:

- 12V input into a controller
    - 12V input into FlexMod from controller
    - 3.3V TTL signal from controller
    - no ground wire for TTL signal since power and TTL are from the same source
    - beam standby suppression is installed
    - interlock not installed
    - 50mW laser diode 405nm

So the problem that I get is that the Fault LED light is on when my TTL signal is low, when it goes to 3.3V the fault turns off and my laser is turned on. I cannot adjust the Bias since I don't have any output when the TTL signal is low. I think that this is also causing problems with the pulsing because when looking at the output vs the TTL signal input, the output only dips slightly when TTL goes low so essentially the laser is constantly on it seems because the intensity does not change when TTL on vs off duration is adjusted.

From the manual: With standby beam suppresion, the interlock and open loop sensing functions are not available.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Sebastian

I'm newbie with flexmod, but please check this:
    For TTL 0v or 5V is required (on/off). Voltages between only for analog modulation.
    So, to set standby current, 5V on M+ is required, not 3.3, also interlock should be connected to V+
    You can Solder bead jumper to bypass 7 second delay startup if you want.
    Hope this helps
    Jordi

Sebastian, by the way, Do you know if Transistor should be electrically insulated while attaching to heatsink? In other words, Can I ground it?
    thanks!!

TTL signals are considered high above 2.2V if I remember correctly, and like I mentioned above the laser does turn on when my TTL signal is high and the fault LED turns off in that case. I'm able to set the gain when my TTL signal is high, but I cannot set the bias when the TTL signal is low.

In regards to the question with the transistor, I'm not sure to be honest. I just have it attached to a large metal heat sink