Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ILDA Laser Safety Officer Training Class: Monday after SELEM (Aug 18th, 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I'm checking into this. When I first contacted Patrick about the class, it was going to be the same price as before, which was $395 for ILDA members and $445 for non-ILDA members. But now it appears that it will be $425 for members and $495 for non-members.

Not sure why the prices changed...

Adam
    Ok. Sounds good. I need to purchase my ilda membership today. I will hold on this while you look into it. But I have already requested the time off of work and plan on taking this class/test.

Smile

OK, I got some information back from Patrick.

The initial pricing of $395 for ILDA members and $445 for non-members from previous years was an early-bird special that was only available up until 3 weeks prior to SELEM. Since this year we didn't have enough people until right at the 3 week point, Patrick split the difference between last year's early bird price and the normal price. That's where the price change came from.

So the cost for members is $425, and the cost for non-members is $495. The first post in this thread has been updated to reflect the correct fees.

Adam

I just signed up to be an ilda member. Now I just need to pay for the course. Pretty excited about taking this course. Now I hope I pass the test.

Just a reminder for those of you who will be staying over Monday to take the LSO class: If you do not plan to spend Monday night at the hotel, you'll need to check out of your room before you report to the conference room to start the class. Otherwise Greg will have to halt the class at checkout time, which is a bit of a pain. You can leave your suitcases and other gear in the conference room where the class will be held so it will be safe.

Of course, if you aren't flying/driving home until Tuesday, then it's not an issue. But in past years many people who planned to drive home right after the class ended forgot to check out of their rooms that morning, and it made for a bit of a mad rush at around 10:30 (right in the middle of the class) when everyone suddenly realized they needed to get their stuff out of their rooms.

Adam

Just a reminder for those of you who will be staying over Monday to take the LSO class: If you do not plan to spend Monday night at the hotel, you'll need to check out of your room before you report to the conference room to start the class. Otherwise Greg will have to halt the class at checkout time, which is a bit of a pain. You can leave your suitcases and other gear in the conference room where the class will be held so it will be safe.

Of course, if you aren't flying/driving home until Tuesday, then it's not an issue. But in past years many people who planned to drive home right after the class ended forgot to check out of their rooms that morning, and it made for a bit of a mad rush at around 10:30 (right in the middle of the class) when everyone suddenly realized they needed to get their stuff out of their rooms.

Adam
    I will be coming home after the class. I will make sure I am checked out Monday morning.

Thanks for the heads up Adam. I will be staying in a hotel closer to the airport Monday night, so I will check out before the class.

-Sal

Hey guys...

I just got a message from Patrick Murphy. Of the 6 people who have committed to take the ILDA LSO class, only 2 people have actually logged on to the ILDA website to pay for the class.

We *NEED* all 6 people who committed to the class to pay ASAP. If we don't get the people, chances are the class will be cancelled. More to the point, it's unlikely that we'd ever be able to offer it again if that happens.

Adam

Hey guys...

I just got a message from Patrick Murphy. Of the 6 people who have committed to take the ILDA LSO class, only 2 people have actually logged on to the ILDA website to pay for the class.

We *NEED* all 6 people who committed to the class to pay ASAP. If we don't get the people, chances are the class will be cancelled. More to the point, it's unlikely that we'd ever be able to offer it again if that happens.

Adam
    Crap.. I am guilty. I am going to pay for this now. I apologize.

All paid up. Sorry I was slackin

Paid up a while ago myself. You slackers.