Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2014 Auditorium Schedule

Default SELEM 2014 Auditorium Schedule

Hi all, I'd like to put together a schedule for the auditorium. I tried to put together a schedule last year and it worked out to some extent, certainly better than previous years. I'd like to make this as complete as possible and put together a few signs to post around the venue. So for this I'm asking as much help as possible putting something together here. If you have some shows to run, speak now! The plan now is to have several projectors up on stage running beams and the dual scan head ion rig on the balcony. You are welcome to setup your projector to run some shows but please do so during the times specified for setup so that we can keep a nice constant flow of material in the theater.

So here's a copy and paste from last year with a few changes that I added on the fly. Please feel free to make some suggestions on how this could be better. I'll try to keep this first post updated as we work this out and it will also have the final version of the schedule as we finally get it nailed down.

Thanks!!

Wednesday
    12pm-5pm: Setup

Thursday
    10am: Setup
    11am: Setup
    12pm: Setup
    1pm: Mix
    2pm: Mix
    3pm: Mix
    4pm: Classical
    5pm: ENYA
    6pm: Classic Rock
    7pm: Beam Shows
    8pm: Beam Shows
    9pm: Led Zeppelin
    10pm: Pink Floyd
    11pm: Metallica

Friday
    11am: Pop
    12pm: Eclectic 80's
    1pm: David Bowie
    2pm: Smashing Pumpkins
    3pm: Beatles
    4pm: Rock
    5pm: Beam Shows
    6pm: Beam Shows
    7pm: Beam Shows / Live Abstracts
    8pm: LSX
    9pm: LSX
    10pm: Pink Floyd
    11pm: Pink Floyd

Saturday
    11am: Garth Brooks
    12pm: Van Halen
    1pm: Aerosmith
    2pm: Jimi Hendrix
    3pm: Pink Floyd
    4pm: **SELEM Door Prizes**
    5pm: Metallica
    6pm: Beam Shows
    7pm: LSX
    8pm: LSX
    9pm: Beam Shows/Live Abstracts
    10pm: Classic Rock
    11pm: Pink Floyd

Sunday
    10am: Halloween Shows
    11am: Christmas Shows
    12pm: Classic Rock
    1pm: zzTop
    2pm: Radiohead
    3pm: OPEN
    4pm: Shutdown
    Last edited by DZ; 07-25-2014 at 09:12.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that looks great to me!

i would like to be able to take a chunk of time somewhere behind the scenes to adjust the scanning optimization settings in my shows for your gs120's and turbo tracks.

i have (very roughly) an hour's worth of LSX shows. maybe a little more depending on how much free time i get between now and selem.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I still have all the beam shows for Showeditor that were previewed and rated for last year that no one has seen since we never got to them. It's at the minimum an hour. Probably more like 4 hours worth but, we can just stick with the best of them after I review my notes again. Plus there is a bunch for Moncha, Fiesta, etc.

I have a couple LSX shows that I would like to show. I will prob try to get together with Swami when he optimizes his shows and do the same.

Swami are you bringing your etherdream? If you are I could bring a network switch so we can feed multiple computers to the etherdream like we did last year. Made changing between shows very smooth.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Smile

Just a reminder... In the evenings we will also have a live DJ in "Club-SELEM" spinning dance tunes for all to enjoy. Thinking we'll probably kick this off at around 8 PM each night. (Gotta firm that up with Less and Mario) If you have a particular genre of music (or even specific tracks) that you'd like to hear, send a PM to Mario (Ragdoll here on PL) and let him know.

Another thing to keep in mind: we probably should plan on having some breaks for food. Sure, most of the die-hards (like me!) will never leave the venue, but some people do like to take an hour out to eat somewhere quiet. (And even for the ones who stay at the venue, we still need to eat sometime.)

With regard to meals, this year X-laser has once again volunteered to put on a dinner party at the venue for one of the evenings. Not sure when it will be yet (thinking maybe Friday night), but as soon as we finalize that schedule I will post it here.

Also, we may have a low-key dinner on Thursday night as well. Something similar to the meatball subs we had last year. It won't require any major time commitment from anyone, as it will basically be a "serve yourself" affair, but it should make things go much smoother for the above-mentioned die-hards who don't want to leave the venue (but still need to eat!).

As for Saturday night, well, the guys that stay at the venue can always order pizza or something...

Adam

PS: This year's SELEM hasn't even started yet, and I'm already thinking that it won't be long enough. Maybe we should start thinking about adding ANOTHER day to SELEM for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

PS: This year's SELEM hasn't even started yet, and I'm already thinking that it won't be long enough. Maybe we should start thinking about adding ANOTHER day to SELEM for next year?

I heartily agree. Look.... CarribLEM is over a week, right? So SELEM could "easily" be five days, no sweat.

Been studying pictures of the auditorium this morning with regards to an idea I have. I personally have a bit of preference to rear screen projection through scrim versus front facing projection on the screen and think I have devised a fairly simple method of being able to have the best of both worlds where a large (12 x 32 or even 48') scrim could be raised or lowered if desired, and be done very quickly. (Like 2-3 minutes.) I'm looking at the Sunday morning Christmas slot and thinking I might like to offer to run that show (by Mannheim Steamroller) and run it the same way I've performed it in my hall the last two years with all the extra bells and whistles. I'm sort of "typing out loud" and mulling it over in my head and I'll have to run it past DZ but, I think it would work and also potentially be available (the scrim) all SELEM long if we want to run anything else that way from time to time.

As you said - run it by DZ. He's the Auditorium manager!

If you can rig it up and down fairly quickly and painlessly, I don't see where it would be a problem.

Adam

Here is my idea. There are 2" pipes anchored to the walls on stage right and stage left for their existing leko's. Obviously they are solidly anchored to the wall. On one, use a O clamp (or any truss clamp, really) and use it as an anchor point for a length of either clothes line or (what I use) 3/8" vinyl covered wire and run it across the room to the other pipe on the other side but, attached to THAT clamp is a pully or, actually what I'm leaning towards is a dual pully and another clamp closer to the bottom of that bar with a dual pully to create a block and tackle system. You're going to need about 20' of slack at that end to have something to pull but, when not in use, the wire drops down from the lighting pole on the right and runs across the floor in front of the first row of chairs with the scrim already slid into place. Then on the left side, runs up to the pullys and block and tackle system. When you want to raise the scrim, just pull the slack end and have it raise into place. The natural inclination for it to want to dip in the center is either cleared up by the block and tackle exerting extra pulling force or, use a spring on the pully itself. (I use an adjustable bungee cord here at the hall.) Voila'. Pop up scrim. (I also slide a 16' length of of 1" pvc into the pocket at the bottom to eliminate wrinkles.) There is enough space between the floor of the stage at curtain depth (where the projector would be) and the scrim, to blow the image up large enough to fill it and, the angle still keeps terminated beams towards the balcony. My pic shows 1 piece of scrim but, I could do as much as 48 feet which is probably close to the entire width of the theater and use three projectors on stage all displaying the same show. (OR.... my "REAL" plan... Z-5 live on right and left, and canned show playing in the center.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrim idea.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	43780

Here is my idea. There are 2" pipes anchored to the walls on stage right and stage left for their existing leko's. Obviously they are solidly anchored to the wall. On one, use a O clamp (or any truss clamp, really) and use it as an anchor point for a length of either clothes line or (what I use) 3/8" vinyl covered wire and run it across the room to the other pipe on the other side but, attached to THAT clamp is a pully or, actually what I'm leaning towards is a dual pully and another clamp closer to the bottom of that bar with a dual pully to create a block and tackle system. You're going to need about 20' of slack at that end to have something to pull but, when not in use, the wire drops down from the lighting pole on the right and runs across the floor in front of the first row of chairs with the scrim already slid into place. Then on the left side, runs up to the pullys and block and tackle system. When you want to raise the scrim, just pull the slack end and have it raise into place. The natural inclination for it to want to dip in the center is either cleared up by the block and tackle exerting extra pulling force or, use a spring on the pully itself. (I use an adjustable bungee cord here at the hall.) Voila'. Pop up scrim. (I also slide a 16' length of of 1" pvc into the pocket at the bottom to eliminate wrinkles.) There is enough space between the floor of the stage at curtain depth (where the projector would be) and the scrim, to blow the image up large enough to fill it and, the angle still keeps terminated beams towards the balcony. My pic shows 1 piece of scrim but, I could do as much as 48 feet which is probably close to the entire width of the theater and use three projectors on stage all displaying the same show. (OR.... my "REAL" plan... Z-5 live on right and left, and canned show playing in the center.

Name:	scrim idea.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	694.4 KB 
ID:	43780

Creating:

Name:	IMGP6984.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	43781