Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first "tester" laser show

Default My first "tester" laser show

was just a tester to see what problems i would come across

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...pound30609.flv
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

andy con

Looks like a good start. Not sure what kind of scanners you are running, but I suspect you should be able to get a much wider scan angle. For a room like that I would run X axis to the max and Y axis to about 10 percent and turn the scan speed down to around 12K. That way you would over fill that wall. Looks good though. So did you run into any problems with your "tester" show?

David

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    andy con

Looks like a good start. Not sure what kind of scanners you are running, but I suspect you should be able to get a much wider scan angle. For a room like that I would run X axis to the max and Y axis to about 10 percent and turn the scan speed down to around 12K. That way you would over fill that wall. Looks good though. So did you run into any problems with your "tester" show?

David
    ok cheers mate

yeah heat!!!
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I hope the youngsters appreciated your efforts.
    What software are u using - and is it all your own work - I hope so

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I hope the youngsters appreciated your efforts.
    What software are u using - and is it all your own work - I hope so

Rob
    sure is my own work

http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/inde...id=14&Itemid=6

they were impressed just a shame i didnt have my red in at the time
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Looking at the photos of your laser, might i sugest you get a metal plate to put on the bottom. This will help your problem with heat, especially since you already have a fan

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    ok cheers mate

yeah heat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Looking at the photos of your laser, might i sugest you get a metal plate to put on the bottom. This will help your problem with heat, especially since you already have a fan
    i am working on the metal plate, but i now have 4 fans in there lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thumbs up

It seems to me it's all about the metal. The sinks on the lasers don't have enough "fins" for air to help that much, although a couple are definaly needed to the other components. Just sitting on a aluminum plate cooled mine a little compared to the... CD cases they were on before. They never really got warm before but now they feel cool.

I just looked at your site a little closer. That case would be nice but I'd measure it and get a 1/4 to 1/2 in thick breadboard to put in there and mount everything to it, or the same size metal plate if you want to drill your own holes.

Did you need any certifications or paper work for that? I know here it'd be a pain in the ass to even dp that kind of a party. Where was that a school? Makes me want to show mine off. I need a box though...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    It seems to me it's all about the metal. The sinks on the lasers don't have enough "fins" for air to help that much, although a couple are definaly needed to the other components. Just sitting on a aluminum plate cooled mine a little compared to the... CD cases they were on before. They never really got warm before but now they feel cool.

I just looked at your site a little closer. That case would be nice but I'd measure it and get a 1/4 to 1/2 in thick breadboard to put in there and mount everything to it, or the same size metal plate if you want to drill your own holes.

Did you need any certifications or paper work for that? I know here it'd be a pain in the ass to even dp that kind of a party. Where was that a school? Makes me want to show mine off. I need a box though...
    I cant afford these expensive breadboards. but what i do have is a mini fridge, so i might cut the metal plate in that up and use the peltier to try cool things. So ill mount everything onto the metal plate including the peltier.

im in the UK and my bro does mobile disco's. So i just went along with my laser didnt need and certs.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Lookin good!
    It's nice to see I'm not the only one with 'poor-mans' scanners
    (I built them out of relays-I doubt if theyre 15K lol)