Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: making your own fog juice?

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    So you think that E-cigs are designed to produce live steam that is then inhaled? Um... I'm pretty sure they'd be off the market by now if that were the case!

E-cigs are nowhere near as hot as a fog machine. It's been discussed above.
    Haha, most excellent

I don't know how matter behaves in your neck of the woods, but in Hampshire it tends to go along with the basic laws of physics, which means on the whole stuff needs to get relatively hot at atmospheric pressure before vapourisation occurs.

I measured 122 degrees centigrade with the thermocouple on the outside of the PG wad, and hopefully the video gives an indication of how hot it gets inside, the flashpoint of PG is listed as 187-287 degrees C. Apologies for the lack of focus, but at least you get a decent view of the garden, and dog features.

More seriously, I am now concerned about the potential impact that this has on toxicity.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

"And customs will drink my Blood before they let me take a fluid from them"
    End Quote.

Are you so sure?

Ever hear of Harmonized Tariff codes? I deal with Eastern European customs as part of the day job. I can assure you that if the paperwork is filed correctly by the sender, liquid stuff gets through in most of the world, just as well if not better then solid stuff. The secret is declaring everything and using the HTS codes. I'll admit that finding the right HTS code is a tough problem some times. I'll also admit that some suppliers can't be arsed with doing the paperwork correctly. So you have to go through a customs broker, big deal... Paper work makes your shipment very traceable, which is a good thing. We've/I've never had to bribe anyone, either.

Want to mess up your life, do everything you can to bypass customs and import something, and get on their bad side. Most nations of the world have "Trusted Shipper" programs. Once customs "knows" you, they tend to be lenient. Funny thing, I actually have a easier time because I am known to the powers that be, and in their databases. Yeah, every once and a while someone throws a wrench into the process, but in 20 years of doing it the right way, it goes quicker. The two years of doing it the wrong way on a international basis taught me to do it the right way.

Trust me, after a week of using pure glycerin for show programming, you'll either be making a compressed air based "cold" oil based hazer, or doing the paperwork.

So I type all that, and then I see:
    Quote:
    "BTW, i managed to find propylege glycol, the chemistry shop is a bit far from my town, but the price is good (actually, 2 Litres is a little more than a galon of "froggys swamp juice" costs in america, lol)".
    End Quote.

Grab it, add distilled water, and go.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-03-2014 at 13:58.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

"Apologies for the lack of focus, but at least you get a decent view of the garden, and dog features."
    Endeth the Quote...

There was a E-Cig in that picture? Gotta love old retrievers, Nice dog!

USA FDA is already looking into this E-cig issue. Still without the tars and additives, I'm willing to bet E-Cigs are slightly safer, but not by much.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 06-03-2014 at 13:57.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by zorn View Post
    Well Stiffler got it wrong. Im not against discussing why it is not a good idea, that is what we are doing along with discussing about the chemistry of it. This is what i dont have time for:
    Talking with someone who has his head up his ass. im not saying im going to do it, im just interested in how bad it is and so im interested in a real study and results. But if the results show there isnt harm, i might consider it, regardless if it is poor results, leaves residue and smells bad (which i think is the reason you dont mix yourself). Sorry douche but not everyone lives in America. Shipping can cost for me 4x the cost of the fluid and customs will drink my blood before they let me take a fluid from them. Sorry but for people like me that is too much and we are okay with poor results. if i could, i would buy froggys, swampys, humpty dumptys or whoevers real fog juice, i cant.
    There is one music shop where here where the seller admits it contains glycerin and there is one more place where 4 Litres of "djrabbit" chinese fog juice costs $130 for 4 Litres, no guarantee it is not glycerin either.

I clearly asked you to move this to private messaging, ugh.

----------------------------------

BTW, i managed to find propylege glycol, the chemistry shop is a bit far from my town, but the price is good (actually, 2 Litres is a little more than a galon of "froggys swamp juice" costs in america, lol).
    I'm not going to bother with the multi-quote, as I actually do have better things to do, but I felt compelled to reply. First off, no one here, including buffo, has given you any reason to act like an ass-clown, and if you expect people to offer assistance in the future, you should probably show a little more respect. Additionally, it's a little arrogant for you to think that your time is any more valuable than anyone else's.

Secondly, it's reallly hard to help you when your location has been left blank. There are forum members here from all corners of the Earth, if you took the time to fill out your profile perhaps you would find a member nearby that has experience obtaining fog.

Cheers,

Eric

You know Zorn, It's really easy to act like a hard ass behind the safety of your key board, but why not try to take the high road and stop name calling? Seriously. In the mean time, why don't you at least give us a clue as to what country you live in, for reasons that have already been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

USA FDA is already looking into this E-cig issue. Still without the tars and additives, I'm willing to bet E-Cigs are slightly safer, but not by much.

Steve
    E cigs are also being investigated in the EU as the health effects are currently reported to be unknown:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26852649

The regulator has said "levels of contamination" have been found in some products
    Possible sign that all Gylercin isn't always as pure as it should be?

If you post your location as others have requested Zorn, maybe someone can find a cheap source of smoke fluid close to you.

First of all, I'm not taking sides on whether it is a good idea, but...
    If you take eg http://www.rosco.com/technotes/fog/msds/lightfog.pdf
    You can see that water, CAS 112-27-6 (Triethylene glycol) and CAS 57-55-6 (Propylene glycol) is used.
    Isn't it so, that if let a lab (maybe someone works in a lab????) determine the ratio's of the components of such a fluid, that you just need to mix the said components in the determined mix ratio??
    I would think that the result would be the exact thing as the 'official' smoke fluid of that brand.

But then again I might be wrong
    Last edited by jeejeedr; 06-04-2014 at 03:02. Reason: typo
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

Someone seriously needs to work out the ratios for the Smoke Factory Tour hazer/Look Unique/Haze Base Base Hazer Pro fluid

Liquid gold for someone that stuff is, at £40 a gallon...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

They don't list all their ingredients in the safety data sheet unlike rosco who even lists the water as ingredient

http://www.smoke-factory.de/eng/assets/msdsfogfluid.pdf
    Trying to create a good diode mount....

send me a sample. need about 50ml. I'll run the required analysis and let you know.