Thread: is it normal to have every frame 30K like this?

Default is it normal to have every frame 30K like this?

i have ild sos and i use it to optimize some frames where connected points or blanking points are too far apart.
    but ild sos only seems to allow to add inbetween points if you enable the 'Optimize' options. but what that does is allow you to set the speed of your scanners and it adds as much inbetween points as it can until it is 30K, it doesnt allow you to set min/max connected point distance.

is this considered a "bad" frame and animation now? i dont have the experience yet and not thinking about it, but if i were to sell an animation processed like that, would that be a bad quality job and animation because the frames have 30k frames even when not needed? and if i bought animation from someone and it had such frames, should i complain?
    Or is it that if the animation is meant to run at 30k, this is normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3700557.jpg  

Last edited by zorn; 04-28-2016 at 16:15.

I didn't look at the files because I am too lazy to download them and open them up. Just being honest.

But I will say that it depends on the software you are using to play the files. Let's say you have a frame that has been padded with points so that it can run at 30k at 30 frames per second. That means the frame will have 1000 pts in it. I don't know if this is what ILDSOS is doing but for the sake of argument lets assume so. What happens if you decide to apply an effect to that frame such as a burst effect. This will require and increase in points in the frame. Let's say it requires an additional 250 pts. Now your frame has 1250 pts in it. That's too many points for 30K at 30frames per second so something has to happen. Could be that there is stutter or the frame gets chopped off or displayed too fast. It depends on the software. Some software might optimize the frame on the fly to refuce the point count back to 1000 so that it displays just fine. I know what my software does (Spaghetti) but I can't speak for others. At least for Spaghetti, it is better to leave a minimal amount of points and let Spaghetti handle optimization on the fly. I think static optimizers like ILDSOS or LaserBoy are fine for taking a ILDA file that is played back as-is in a single layer or maybe from an SD card. But, I don't think those optimizations have much value if you intend to take the frames and mix them or distort them with effects... unless the frames are just terribly unoptimized to begin with.

Anyway, the answer to your question is a big "it depends".