Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USB over twisted pair (CAT5)

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Sebastien, in your case you could even use the TCP communications in Beyond. Every action you perform on either of the PCs with beyond is replicated on the other PC.
    Wow I don't know this feature, does it work even if the controlling Beyond doesn't have any FB3 connected?

does it work even if the controlling Beyond doesn't have any FB3 connected?
    As long as you have the license file for the FB3 on both machines and have had the same FB3 connected to both with in 14 days both will work

It works really well but Beyond needs some way of synchronizing all the relevant files (preferably to a separate directory*) as if you make a change on one machine it is not replicated across to the other

*you could probably map the directory on the remote machine to the local one but didn't get the chance to try it (and I haven't look to see if Beyond has the ability to specify file locations)
    Last edited by loopee; 05-28-2014 at 05:07.
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    As long as you have the license file for the FB3 on both machines and have had the same FB3 connected to both with in 14 days both will work

It works really well but Beyond needs some way of synchronizing all the relevant files (preferably to a separate directory*) as if you make a change on one machine it is not replicated across to the other

*you could probably map the directory on the remote machine to the local one but didn't get the chance to try it (and I haven't look to see if Beyond has the ability to specify file locations)
    Seems really a cool feature. Glad I haven't purchased yet that USB Redirector licence, I'll test this way now.

As for synchronizing my files, my Synology cloud station make it very well, but only when I have access to the server, and it's not the case on the field... I'll have to test really.

Yes, that's the only requirement. You have to keep both workspaces synced, so you can't really edit on the fly.

Unfortunately it's not just work spaces

you need to sync zones setting and projector settings

What would be nice if it could work this way would be to have the remote PC with just the Beyond App and the license file and have the ability to map the drive of the local PC (the one you work on) for the rest of the files (workspaces, zones, etc)

One of the cool things with this is that one client can control many remote machines
    Last edited by loopee; 05-28-2014 at 05:42.
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Mmmm I see an issue there as you need to configure the zones on the field, and these settings will only be saved on the local computer...

You could use VPN for zone setup, either with your laptop or with a handheld device (phone, tablet). That's what I do most of the time.

VPN or VNC?

When we were playing with the network server part and discovered the limitations we then resorted to VNC as a quick work around and well but it does have a client-server relationship therefore only good for controlling one PC, unlike what the Beyond Network is about

However, this does highlight why these settings are not sync'ed, think of a scenario where it's setup at various long distance locations i.e. across a city, all the zones should be set up first locally and you would only want frame control and not zone setup
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

I already tried a few months ago to connect and syncronize the 2 softwares by launching the TCP talk server (before that I activated the function in the network settings, and checked the firewall). However, I didn't know how to send data from the "client" to the "server"...

Any advice please?

--- www.neodym.be ---

Also just had a look and Beyond does allow you to specify directories for Work Spaces, Projector and zone settings, so you could just map the directories but you will need to manually reload the work space, projector, zone settings to update them
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build