Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USB over twisted pair (CAT5)

Bill, I know you're very busy over at Pango Towers, but to be fair there's been rumours of a cat5/network solution for a long time now but no actual products... im sure when they arrive whatever it is will be great, but in the meantime, we have to find something to do the job and StarTeck seems the most solid solution at the moment. ..
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

No, that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about alternatives to the Star Tech. We've found others that are less expensive. One looks VERY interesting and doesn't even require that the host computer have a USB port. What I am saying is -- contact me directly and we'll let you in on the story.

So if we all contact you, you will tell us all. Or you could just post it here, it would make life easier for everyone
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hi,

As i tried to use a USB over ip solution, which works very fine with other lasershow software, beyond doesn't work with. It says me that a ip connection was detected and beyond does not support USB over ip! That's why a switch to startech. So please, tell us which solution will be work with USB over ip!

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    i grabed a NEW Icron USB 2.0 RG2104 off ebay last week for $68 got it and it works GREAT
    What laser software are you using this with?

Picked up one of those Star Tech 4 port extenders on ebay for under £50! I bid £150 but nobody else wanted it!

Bargain of the week award goes to...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

I have no news from Bill (maybe his "pm box" explode since his last post !

....why is that a secret ?

Whenever I say "contact me" I mean through direct email. I do not routinely monitor PL and so direct email is always better.

Right now we are in the process of testing three options. Upon initial testing they look really good but that's just initial testing. More in-depth testing may reveal limitations or something else. So rather than just spat out some company names and model numbers to the whole world that might be bad advice, I'd rather have private contacts where the information can be communicated directly to those who need it right away.

Bill