Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pair of 3 + watt 445 nm blue kits for sale, complete with all the goodies!

Smile Pair of 3 + watt 445 nm blue kits for sale, complete with all the goodies!

EDIT: Now sold.

Hey everyone;

Remember the anodized aluminum knife-edge dual kits that Lasershowparts.com used to sell? Well, I've got two of these for sale, complete with all the extras.

Each one has a pair of M140 445 nm blue diodes, a pair of G2 lenses, an anamorphic prism pair for fast-axis correction, a 40 mm X 40 mm TEC to cool the diode mounting plate, and a Flexmod P3 driver to power everything. The diodes, lenses, barrels, and knife-edge mirrors are all installed, aligned, and tightened securely. (Note: the drivers are new and have not been installed yet.)

The diodes are currently installed and wired in series so you can run the Flexmod off a 12 volt power supply with minimal heat sinking. I have run both of these units for several hours using a spare flexmod driver. With the current set at 1.8 amps I was getting 3.3 watts of blue after the knife edge mirror.

One set of prisms is already installed in the holder - the other set is still in the box. Both will probably need to be aligned by the end user, but I have included the template that makes this easy to do. Of course I also have the holder and screws for the second set of prisms, and I have all the mounting hardware for the module covers as well. (See pictures below)

The TEC will run perfectly on just 5 volts DC. It draws about 1.5 amps at that voltage level and keeps the diodes at just below room temperature when they are running at full current. If you want to bump up the cooling, you can increase the TEC up to 12 volts, but then you will run into problems with moisture condensation on the diode blocks because they get too cold. (Near freezing, in fact!)

I'm selling these units because the project they were designed for has just fallen apart. Through no fault of my own, it's clear that the grand plan will never be realized, so it's time to cut my losses and move on. I have over $1200 invested in the pair, but I'll let them go for $450 each, or $850 for both of them.

Free shipping to the lower 48 states. International shipping available, but you will pay actual shipping.

Adam

Last edited by buffo; 06-01-2014 at 02:12.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

You're evil. PM may very well be forthcoming.

Awwww man... Sorry! I didn't mean to tempt you like that.

I honestly had no idea you were looking for lots of blue. Let me know if it's going to work for you though.

Adam

Just an update - these are now sold.

Adam

And I'm certain nobody on here could "possibly" guess to who.

(Balance sent btw.)

Lmao

Glad you think it's funny! YOU may very well be recruited to help figured out how to pbs these and drop them into the projector!

Lol... Let's do it.. 6 watts of blue is badass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Lol... Let's do it.. 6 watts of blue is badass!!!
    Combined with the 4 watt green and a red solution..... yes, yes indeed.

Hey Brad, I have a couple of old diode/TEC drivers that came out of a pair of blues exactly like this.. They dont have beam supression, although you might be interested?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/