Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeler: FB3 cat5 stagebox kit/built

Default Feeler: FB3 cat5 stagebox kit/built

Ok, so a few people have expressed an interest in my FB3 stage box, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

I might be able to produce a few more cases and supply them WITH the USB extender included.

The case kit would include all the case panels and fixings, DB25's and ribbons, fan, front panel power and ethercon connectors and shorty USB cables.

You would just need to supply the FB3's and decide and implement how you want the interlock to work/be used. There are so many varieties, its impossible for me to design for everyone. I'll just provide the port.

I haven't done the final costing yet, but it definitely won't be more than £650 (inc the USB extender)

Any interest? Cases with the extender will be extremely limited, but will be cheaper than buying a case and extender separately (unless you own one already of course!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2148.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	43393 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2149.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	43394
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by norty303; 05-30-2014 at 05:58.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

will it include and estop on empty ilda pins (cant remember their numbers off the top of my head)
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm going to be building a 5V 8 way relay board to lift pins 4/17 on each of the ILDA outputs. Is that what you meant?
    It might cost a few quid more but yes, if someone wants to use that method, I should be able to supply the board, relay, ribbon, etc to run it.

I was going to make mine up from bare board, but if I need to do more than a couple I'll get a board made up in China, so its a bit neater.
    Frikkin Lasers

yes so the estop is done via the single cat5 cable, not an additional cable
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You can't use a single cat5 to run both the signal and the estop. Thats why I've got a 'Control' and 'Interlock' connector.
    The USB extender uses all 8 pins of the RJ45 so there are no spares.

But I've got an ethercon loom on a drum with 3 cores anyway, so its not a problem. Anyone running this stuff seriously and only runs a single cat5 run is asking for trouble if you ask me.

However, the 'Interlock' connector could be anything, XLR, ethercon, etc. However you want to get the loop to the box. In my case, I've got the cat5 runs, so i use them. The one loop will control all 8 outputs for estop.
    Frikkin Lasers

Im in for one..... where do i send my money?

There is going to be a lead time on these, so lets see what other response I get.
    Maybe drop me an email adam [at] subsonicsystems.co.uk just to cover off some details, requirements, etc
    Frikkin Lasers

Did you give up on the light-pipe idea for the fb3 staus led?
    Or am I being blind? Didn't notice them in the photo...
    If in doubt... Give it a clout?

Not given up on the light pipes but still trying to find the right light guide with a 3mm diameter exit to put in the FB3.
    The internal bracket may have a fold up back piece instead to hold the light pipe in the right place, but that's yet to be prototyped and may cause problems getting the FB3's in.
    I'm really busy with jobs and building my next 2 projectors by end of June, so it's been a case of getting the essentials sorted for the case so I can use it.

I can confirm I'll be able to supply 3 cases including the USB extender

I'm away working the whole weekend but I'll see if I can get the few case design tweaks done and priced so I can give a proper price for the thing
    Frikkin Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Not given up on the light pipes but still trying to find the right light guide with a 3mm diameter exit to put in the FB3.
    The internal bracket may have a fold up back piece instead to hold the light pipe in the right place, but that's yet to be prototyped and may cause problems getting the FB3's in.
    I'm really busy with jobs and building my next 2 projectors by end of June, so it's been a case of getting the essentials sorted for the case so I can use it.

I can confirm I'll be able to supply 3 cases including the USB extender

I'm away working the whole weekend but I'll see if I can get the few case design tweaks done and priced so I can give a proper price for the thing
    On the subject of getting round light guide pipe, try looking in your local model railway shop as my local shop stocks light guide pipe in a good number of diameters from 1mm up to 5-6mm may be even bigger and come in 12" lengths I think.
    I'm at a model railway show this weekend so I'll try and get a manufactures name for you.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp