Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phoenix4 Live..

ILDA Control Mode This unit has the ILDA DB25 port which allows control of the laser via a PC/Mac laser or lighting software. The PC must be connected to an interface and then the ILDA cable from the interface is connected to the ILDA input socket on the rear of the laser. When connecting the ILDA plug to the laser this will override all built in standalone functions of the laser, and can then only be controlled by the PC/Mac software. Removing the ILDA cable will re-enable all standalone functions. Please note: it should be possible for any ILDA controlled software to operate this laser, if your software is having problems controlling the laser this maybe down to a cable connection issue. Some interfaces and cables may have different wiring configuration. The fourth and seventeenth pin of the ILDA socket need to be connected. If you rectify this issue on your interface then this will cure the control issue.

DMX Channels Chart Several operating modes were pre-programmed into this laser projector on DMX channel 1. To enable full DMX control, channel 1 must be set to DMX control mode and have a value of 250-255 this will enable the rest of the DMX channels. DMX channels chart when ILDA is connected Channel Value Function
    CH 1 – Grating rotation 000-004 No grating rotating 005-127 Clockwise grating rotating 128-133 No grating rotating 134-255 Anticlockwise grating rotating
    CH2 – Grating effect 000-031 Laser 3D Effect 032-063 Scanned Beam Effect (Pattern Effect) 064-095 Laser Lumina Effect 096-127 Scanned Beam Effect (Pattern Effect) 128-159 Burst Grating Effect 160-191 Scanned Beam Effect (Pattern Effect) 192-223 Laser Universal Effect 224-255 Scanned Beam Effect (Pattern Effect)

Hi Gents,
    The above passage is from the Kam manual,
    If its the cable, how can i start assessing it?
    Ky

Really the best way is to find a buddy, and then just start playing "musical equipment", trading cables, projectors, software, etc. until you figure out a common denominator. Basically what I'm talking about is "process of elimination", but this is best done with a buddy who is already fully functional.

PL is a great place to find such buddies in your area. Just reach out here and also in the lounge, like "hey, anybody near blah blah, blahsville?"

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Though as the problem appears within two separate projectors (of the same model), I think a wiring error inside the projector is unlikely except for a design flaw.
    Hehe, you're an awfully trusting soul In our position, we've seen it all, so we make no assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Really the best way is to find a buddy, and then just start playing "musical equipment", trading cables, projectors, software, etc. until you figure out a common denominator. Basically what I'm talking about is "process of elimination", but this is best done with a buddy who is already fully functional.

PL is a great place to find such buddies in your area. Just reach out here and also in the lounge, like "hey, anybody near blah blah, blahsville?"

Bill

Thanks Bill,
    Very sound advice, definitely a job of trial and error id say. Guess the upside is you eventually learn a little more than just plug n play..-
    Will keep you posted of any progress, so far i tried changing the cable to no avail....