Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LASERWAVE

Epyn suggested I carrying out measurements.

I Measured the green peltier cell Ohm value. The Tec is zero ohms.
    (attached photo).

I checked the LW Blue Tec driver of value is 0.02, the red value 0.04.

I see the Peltier is cracked.

Why is it cracked? Too strong to base fixing?

Indeed Should Be better quality control, but I apologize to the LW company. Because they can get bad quality peltier cell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tech_Ohm.jpg  

3_Tech voltage.jpg  

wrong.jpg  

Last edited by whiteg; 07-29-2014 at 08:42.

To Whiteg, your type is OEM not OEM-V-S, we had stoped product OEM series, now our type is OEM-V, OEM-V-S, OEM-V-SS series.
    To Norty303, we had send a replace one to Goldenstar, wish you had received it, how about the new products working?
    now, we received at least 2 lasers back from our customers, we find dirty of the windows and which make the windows burned(please see pictures, including Alex_kld products is the same reason), we clean the windows and power is back, we find this is because some customer not take off the QC Pass sticker when they using, so we decided not using QC pass sticker in front of the windows, in future, the laserhead will package will ESD protect package.
    Our OEM-V,OEM-V-S had sold a few years and received some not well is normal, but yes, I know, your people wish Laserwave do better, both of you are kindly enough wishes laserwave can improvement, we also through this way, thanks for all of you feedback, which make us keeping going not stoped.
    Finally, I'd like to say, if you like the wavlength, 520nm litetime is really better and our prices is well now.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dirty of windows.jpg  

Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Why is it cracked? Too strong to base fixing?
    I could happen easily because the peltier is small compared to the length that is on top of it. If they had used 2 peltiers the surface would be twice so that would be allot better.
    520nm or 532nm both products should be equal in therms of quallity and reliability. Its almost sounds like , oh we sold 532nm for years but we knew that it was not that good but we don,t care. Now we have 520nm so you better can choose for that.

I still believe that DPSS green is much nicer then 520nm. A mix would even be better. I have seen the OEM-V-S and those are differently contstructed and allot better in my opinion.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Bridge, I have sent the old head back to Goldenstar. It arrives tomorrow and then they send replacement to me. So I shall report back when I receive the new one. My big issue is that I've already been let down. The job it was necessary for has already passed. I think that better quality control would've avoided the situation as I think it was not good before it was sent to me. This is where you can improve your business as some of us do run laser companies and cannot afford to waste time and money sending goods back to China due to bad quality control.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I got a laserwave. 2 in fact and they are amazing.
    If you ever are thinking of buying a proper module go for the V-S OEM modules, they are mind blowing.
    0.65mrad or so and for a DPSS a very linear modulation as they have an excellent temperature control.
    Their design is very sleak as well.
    Bought 1 watt and got 1500mw

Sorry you are having problems with your module.. it might be goldenstar pressed the prices down that they cut down on quality control or these modules might have been laying around for quite a while in a bad enviroment.. heat bad packing and shock?

Sorry you are having problems with your module.. it might be goldenstar pressed the prices down that they cut down on quality control or these modules might have been laying around for quite a while in a bad enviroment.. heat bad packing and shock?
    I originally contacted Queena at Laserwave to buy direct and she told me to buy via Goldenstar. So I sent emails to Winni and Queena explaining that I wanted them to supply specifically 2 heads with closely matched power. I don't care if they are 2W or 2.5W, so long as they both make very similar power.

So I would hope that they tested and sent 2 heads that met this criteria. They were very well packed, so I can't imagine transit damage. I appreciate it is a somewhat fragile technology, but I can't understand how this happens unless they pick 2 random heads off the shelf and send.

I asked the question originally because I read here that Laserwave picked 3 well matched OEM-V-S heads and sent to Mark Insanity (after he'd had problems with stability and a non-flat baseplate on one I believe) and he was very happy with them. With DPSS and multiple projectors this is very important. In the past I've bought more heads than i need so I could grade them to find 2 well matched pairs to keep, and sold the others on.

I don't want to be seen to be moaning, but I see that these are all potentially avoidable problems.

Regarding price, Queena actually told me how much they were, and thats what i paid Goldenstar, so I don't think there's any margins being squeezed. Also, the OEM-V-SS head is quite new, so I don't think they'll have been sitting on the shelf for a long time.

But I'm also pragmatic enough to know that sometimes 'things just go wrong' outside of people's control, which is why I buy more modules. But there are always lessons to be learned in business (in my case, don't take on projector builds during the spring festival season, regardless of how much planning and excess time you think you've built into the project!! I have experienced more delays and shipping mistakes with suppliers from all over the globe this year since March, than I have at any other time)

Anyway, John at Goldenstar and Queena at Laserwave have been very responsive by email when i raised the problem, and have sorted things pretty efficiently (apart from a communication issue where I was waiting to receive the new head so I could return the old one in the packaging, and John was waiting for me to send the bad one back before dispatching the new one!)

If you ever are thinking of buying a proper module go for the V-S OEM modules, they are mind blowing.
    Unfortunately they only do them as a 1W module
    And I thought I was buying 'proper' modules...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I will buy a new peltier cell for my module.

The LW support is helpful and perfect communications for me. Ten point.

I'm repaired my green module successfully and the module working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    I will buy a new peltier cell for my module.

The LW support is helpful and perfect communications for me. Ten point.

Now, our OEM-V-SS, OEM-V-S both can do >4W unit, OEM-V can do >5W.
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_kld View Post
    I don't had problems with loss of power, the problem was in the driver, it did not work not in TTL mode, not in analog mode.( LW 2W Green)
    same problem here,
    old LW dpss, really few hours of work in years... sent back afer power loss...
    if you use that in analogue or TTL it's about 100mW, if you use in CW it goes full power (about 1,5W)
    any fix for that? few hours of work but out of warranty....
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it