Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: combine new 462nm with 445nm

I like the new color.

I must admit I still don't like the pastel yellow or pastel green. Maybe that will change, although at the moment, I still prefer the "hotter" traditional yellow / fluo green combination.

I'm also a bit unsure of your pallette training on the original laser, as although 445 is towards the violet, I've never seen it actually come out violet!

This is a rather poor image from mine with 445nm (you can see the violet blue halo, but the line itself looks blue):

Contrasting it with yours above, yours looks pure violet

At least one thing with Beyond, is you can pretty much have the colours any shade you want provided the combination is physically possible to achieve, so it will be interesting to see what you can get the green and yellow to with some training.
    Last edited by White-Light; 06-04-2014 at 00:24.

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend. Hopefully I can find some more frames that show the differences really well.

Last night when I was running them side-by-side, I noticed quite a difference when running the Gradient-Moby show. So I suggest people try that show first as a good way to see the color differences.

Ideally I'd like to have each projector trained with it's own color palette and then run some shows side-by-side that way, but I'll need to hook up a second QM-2000 to do that, and I just didn't have time last night to do all that.

Adam

445 is not violet, 405 is. I'd call 445 indigo. I recently put the 445 and 473 on their own channels in the projector I have. I also separated the 635 from the other 2 reds. The colors I get are real nice. Adam has seen it so he can vouch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvil View Post
    445 is not violet, 405 is. I'd call 445 indigo. I recently put the 445 and 473 on their own channels in the projector I have. I also separated the 635 from the other 2 reds. The colors I get are real nice. Adam has seen it so he can vouch for it.

Problem with 405 is fluorescence. you never really see the 405 but some downshifted frequency. makes a nice 473nm blue on bleached products. Try it on a leave and the chlorophylls glow red and orange. Some orange dyes on paper tags glow yellow. 445 can do the same but not as much as 405nm. Flat white latex paint seems not to fluoresce so you can use 405nm on that. It is also REALLY dangerous if you try to use it for beams. 1W 405nm can cook your retina in a millisecond or at least cause a cataract.

The idea blue is 457nm mixed with the next higher argon line. It makes a kind of navy blue that I miss and really love. Maybe that is 462nm. Have not seen it yet and no ones camera seems able to show the difference.

for Colors in my opinion gas still rules. That is what I am trying to bet back to with the new 520nm diodes and why I use 642nm reds. Close enough to 647nm.

647nm 514nm 462nm 457nm vs 638nm 520nm 462nm 445nm