Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.5W 638nm dual beam diodes

Default 2.5W 638nm dual beam diodes

Hello Guys

I bought some dual beam red 2.5W G84 diodes and i decided to pass them on to someone else. One is fitted in a testsetup wich i will include in the sale. I sell these for 150usd each or both for 250usd. I did a quick test with some fl lenses and some cylindrical lenses and my feel is that they are 100% usuable but i just can,t find the time to do more testing. My workload is up to the roof so its best to sell them on to someone else who has a bit more time on their hands
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160716_130516[1].jpg  

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Sold!!! that was quick, some people know what they want it seems

Oops...too late on this one
    Hey Johan, any chance of you posting results of the tests you did on these ?
    Cheers

I only played with a few collimation lenses and some cylindrical lenses. I didn,t even bother to write down the testresults as they are unusual diodes wich eventually will disapear on the market. Besides i can do 9 watt of red already so i,m less interested in these. Nowadays i only share testresults with returning customers as they are willing to spend money on my side to keep the development train moving. In return they get support like testresults and parts etc. Part of the service It doesn,t make sence to me that i spend the money and take the risk and then post it online so everyone that didn,t want to take the risk in buying them get their test results for free.
    Last edited by edison; 07-17-2016 at 04:03.

OK ...what about a PM........ don't I count as a "returning customer" who "keep the development train moving"
    Cheers

Larry, you can be the judge of that I believe your intelligent enough to understand what i mean.

In the past the hobbymarket was exploring new things , did tests and generally was exciting and people shared things between eachother. These days its buy from china and then the buyer expects that the local guy who is also works with lasers helps him out when their is an issue for free. I can write a book about stories similar to these.
    In my book lasers cost money and that spend money need to be earned back by doing shows. Wait a minute isn,t that what a bussiness is doing? Most people that have a job and doing occassionally a lasershow also try to finance things with the shows they are doing, the only difference between a small bussiness and a hobby is being registrated at the chamber of commerce.

Back to get you the testresults there are still a few out there that are interested in the technical side of things and build themselves but the majority is now buying from china and real knowledge is becoming rapidly a thing of the past. You can find everything online what you need to know about collimating, stacking , optics etc. 5 years ago everyone was interested because money could be saved when building your own system but since china can do things so cheap learning and exploring is no longer worth doing it. The hobbymarket becomes more stupid everyday as they don,t seem wanting to learn and putt effort in gaining knowledge. Maybe goldenstar or Eightonlight want to share their testresults

I share EVERYTHING I learn for free because it's a hobby for me and I never want or plan to make a penny on it. I do understand the difference though if you have to put food on the table doing it. Most I have done is cook my food for the table with one!

The dual beam is interesting and now a three beam. I wonder if you can focus it down into a fiber to combine it all. Seems just as easy to pbs or knife a couple of p73s. Might make a nice laser harp with out a scanner needed.

From a hobbyist point of few that makes total sence. Maybe its an idea to team up with several people when there is a new diode on the market and send it to Testlab "planters" to do accurate testing. The people that are willing to pay will get testresults and it,s less painfull when its a bust and more fair. I wouldn,t even think to ask for the testresults to anyone as i would feel not comfortable with it. Its like asking someone to hand over his wallet as i will save money for not having to buy the diode myself. Like i said more and more people buy from china the number of people building, testing is declining rapidly. In a few years only a few people have real knowledge about things and the rest has to buy from china. You don,t see allot of test results posted here these days since doing hands on tests and developing things is slowly becoming a thing of the past. Nowadays its buying a china box and use it as a toy for a year and trow it in the bin when its broke or contact the local dealer if he can help to repair it for free.

The dual beam is interesting and now a three beam. I wonder if you can focus it down into a fiber to combine it all. Seems just as easy to pbs or knife a couple of p73s. Might make a nice laser harp with out a scanner needed.
    Would be great to see a new project arround here on the forum as there are not many arround these days!!

I'd happily pay for information and do when I buy from Dtr as an example. Planters deserves support no doubt. That spatial filter trick alone was worth a lot.

Isnt it what a forum is about? Sharing information? Why would anyone be on here if no one wants to share or help with information?
    Last edited by aktopjian; 07-19-2016 at 13:56.