Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Actuator driver amp boards

Default Actuator driver amp boards

I have just completed a layout for a driver amp board that will drive 8 limited rotation or low RPM DC motors per board.
    Will drive up to 1 Amp, can be fused. Gain of three with flexible gain set-up. Also has a free power supply board attached.
    The layout is very flexible- the load can be in the feeback loop or not. Don't confuse this with a servo amp!
    I may put this together as a kit if there is interest, right now it just a board.
    Board will cost $25.00 ea. Enought takers and I can get this down to $13.00 or less.
    I am also laying out an analog 4 oscillator absract generator that could be fun if you're getting started. Classic design with modern components.
    May also be available as a kit if there is interest.

Hello,

I am interested in your driver board. Do you have pictures? How much would the complete kit be?

I am also interested in your abstract generator. Can you share more details about it?

ED

Ed-
    About all I can do is send you a scan of the trace work-up. The board is about 3 x 6. I haven't send the job off to the board house yet, as I am waiting for my neighbor and esteemed engineer to see where I screwed up.
    Once I get his blessing, it will be good to go. This board is a improved redo of the GM-20 driver that Lasermedia used back in the '80's with a number of improvements. I'd like to get orders for 10 or so in advance of production.
    I will be working up a parts list tonight, so I can give a better estimate of the cost of a kit. I probably have enough parts on hand to put up 10 or so kits- have to look.
    Now the abstract generator. You sent me the article, so you know exactly what it is. I am going to put the project on 1 or possibly 2 boards, with connector pads for all of the controls. I am putting AD 633 multipliers in place of the old 1495s, and once the boards are in stock, I will be including 4 8038 FG chips in the deal. Power supply regulation also on board.
    Also, I am adding additional inputs to the final summing stage so you can introduce joystick offset, and the final output will be balanced with the option of zener diodes to prevent too great an output voltage.
    I'm starting this one for myself, but I'm willing to share, and if a few likeminded enthusiasts get on board (sorry) we'll have boards made.

i'm interested in both, please keep me informed.

Thanks

Steve

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

color me interested, but i'll really need to see some abstract effects before i can commit.

Quote Originally Posted by glorocks View Post
    I have just completed a layout for a driver amp board that will drive 8 limited rotation or low RPM DC motors per board.
    Will drive up to 1 Amp, can be fused. Gain of three with flexible gain set-up. Also has a free power supply board attached.
    The layout is very flexible- the load can be in the feeback loop or not. Don't confuse this with a servo amp!
    I may put this together as a kit if there is interest, right now it just a board.
    Board will cost $25.00 ea. Enought takers and I can get this down to $13.00 or less.
    I am also laying out an analog 4 oscillator absract generator that could be fun if you're getting started. Classic design with modern components.
    May also be available as a kit if there is interest.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hello,

Sounds great!

I am happy to support your efforts and help with getting the cost down.

ED

Interested in both projects and would order a few units.

-Sal

OK- this is an old project that was published way back in the 70's. As soon as I get one built, I'm happy to share photos. This is not vaporware- I built one of these back in the day and it proved to be quite interesting. Everyone will be kept up to date.

As soon as I get one running, I'll show photos. This is classic stuff

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

cool. i love old school analog abstracts.

Quote Originally Posted by glorocks View Post
    As soon as I get one running, I'll show photos. This is classic stuff
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.