Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pluto II Beam Issue

Hi Dave, I need 2x "Dichroic filter - KVANT - Pass red, blue - Reflect green", my email manlie@djman.com.au pay by paypal

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    They work well with 520

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Any chance of taking a pic of 1 watt 520 beam vs 1 watt 532 beam?
    Just to get an idea of brightness ?
    Hi Carlos;

I finally got some time to shoot some beam pics. They're in my gallery.

The difference is slight, but I do believe the 532 nm green is brighter. Maybe 10 to 15 %. Not much more though.

Here's one example (lots more in the gallery).

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by bungy View Post
    I have resolved my issue with blue and green. Omar offered to send new modules or even return my projector if I was not happy with it. I wanted to keep it, and I thought I might be able to clean up the dot with different lenses, at the expense of some losses.

So I opened the modules and replaced the lenses with some two element lenses and removed the custom optics, and the dots were MUCH better. The 462nm module dropped from 1400mW to 1200mW, and the 520nm was 700mW after the change - I didn't measure that one beforehand. Put it back together and now I am getting 2000mW after the scanners. This was a compromise I was willing to make and I'm very happy with the results. I think the white is even better now. I am extremely happy with my purchase now.

Omar has been in frequent contact with me about this issue, and I would not hesitate to do business with Lightspace again.

The pic makes the blue and green dots seem larger than they actually are. In person they are very similar to the red. Graphics don't have any ghosting anymore either.

Attachment 43532
    What lenses did you use? The results are pretty nice. I haven't really seen many other optics produce this sort of results with the multimode diodes.

Nice shots Adam. For me, the 532 still has it and I don't feel bad going with the DPSS for my new builds. It's got that 'ping' factor!
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Nice shots Adam. For me, the 532 still has it and I don't feel bad going with the DPSS for my new builds. It's got that 'ping' factor!
    I second Norty on his comment about 532 over 520 as the green for RGB but the 520 is a nice colour in it's self and shows well in your photo Adam.
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

These are the lenses I used:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160

I got these lenses for some lower powered blue(450nm) and green(520nm) handhelds that I have, so I was hoping they'd work on these higher powered diodes. I guess I got lucky because I got exactly the result I was looking for.

I do prefer the 520nm to the 532nm in my other projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    What lenses did you use? The results are pretty nice. I haven't really seen many other optics produce this sort of results with the multimode diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by bungy View Post
    These are the lenses I used:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160

I got these lenses for some lower powered blue(450nm) and green(520nm) handhelds that I have, so I was hoping they'd work on these higher powered diodes. I guess I got lucky because I got exactly the result I was looking for.

I do prefer the 520nm to the 532nm in my other projectors.
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

And I prefer the 520nm also. Very nice green color.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I agree Norty.

532 looks fluorescent green to me whereas 520 looks pastel green. So the 532 has more "pop".

That said, maybe in person I could like the green. However, I still can't get my head around the dull brown yellows.

I agree that 532 green has more "pop". It only makes sense though, as it's closer to the eye's peak sensitivity (555 nm, plus or minus). Without going into sensitivity shift in low-light conditions, I think that 532 will always give you more bang for your buck than 520.

That being said, I really like the look of 520, especially for graphics shows. It's a more natural green, in my opinion.

My plan is to use the two projectors with 532 green and 445 blue for beam work, and the newer ones with 520 green and 462 blue for graphics.

Adam