Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pluto II Beam Issue

Default Pluto II Beam Issue

I got the 2.8 Watt Pluto II from Lightspace during the recent sale. The green and blue seem to have "dirty" beams. What I mean is, the dots from green and blue have extra stuff around them, see the pictures.

Red seems fine. Any green or blue dots look like large splotches, and any shapes have ghosts around them.

Is this something I should expect for this projector? Or did I get faulty modules? There doesn't seem to be any adjustable or replaceable lens on the modules.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07325.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	43487

Name:	DSC07326.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	43486

Name:	DSC07328.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	43485

Name:	DSC07315.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	43484

Name:	DSC07312.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	43483

Name:	DSC07314.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	43482

Name:	DSC07311.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	43488

Name:	DSC07310.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	43489

Name:	DSC07318.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	43490

that looks far from right to me, and not what i would expect from lightspace. I have 2 of their larger Ascent X projectors and the beam quality is excellent.

From the PlutoII's I saw at FLEM, I wouldn't expect a problem like this. Likely an issue that developed in shipping. What it kinda looks like to me, is that the beam may be hitting one of the edges of the scanner mirror. In other words, the beam doesn't hit the scanner mirror dead center. It would be very easy (and safe) to check if you could send green a very low signal to where you just start to see a beam and see where it's hitting the mirror.

These new projectors are using direct diodes. The 520 and 462 will not really match up with the 637 divergence and tightness. The 520 and 462 are multimode diodes... But I would expect them to be better than what you are showing. Looks like maybe some of the optics came outta adjustment or something.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Agreed. I suspect youi had a bump or something in shipping. I doubt very seriously it left Lightspace like that. I can tell you they were excellent is assiting with the repair of something I encountered last fall with a green module.

Thanks for the input guys. The beam looks centered on the mirrors. I was hoping it would be a misalignment or dirty optics, but I'm pretty sure the beam is leaving the module that way. I can block part of the beam at the module and the aberrations are reduced. I have sent an email to Lightspace to see what they think.

Name:	DSC07331.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	43496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07332.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	43495

I suspect a lot of other people got their plutos this week. Maybe they can chime in and give you some feedback on what they are seeing.

Hi,

Red637nm is single-mode LD, while 520nm and 462nm are multi-mode LDs. It is normal that multi-mode LDs has vignetting(tail) round the beam spot, as you can easier find a photo in this forums.

Name:	Fpho.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	43498

But we checked the photo you posted, it seems a bit unnormal. We want to check more photos of further distance as I have replied you email to follow up this issue. if it confirms quality problem or caused by shipping problem, Lightspace will be responsible!

Thanks!

Omar

www.eightonlight.cn

info@eightonlight.cn

this is true for static beam , but normally does not cause a problem on scanned image

@ bungy upload a pic of it scanning ilda test pattern this may give a better clue as to whats wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Hi,

Red637nm is single-mode LD, while 520nm and 462nm are multi-mode LDs. It is normal that multi-mode LDs has vignetting(tail) round the beam spot, as you can easier find a photo in this forums.

Name:	Fpho.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	43498

But we checked the photo you posted, it seems a bit unnormal. We want to check more photos of further distance as I have replied you email to follow up this issue. if it confirms quality problem or caused by shipping problem, Lightspace will be responsible!

Thanks!

Omar

www.eightonlight.cn

info@eightonlight.cn
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Thanks for the response Omar. I understand the blue and green are multimode and I don't expect a perfect dot.

Here are some test patterns. Green bleeds to the right, blue to the left. The green is much worse than the blue.

Name:	DSC07338.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	43500 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07340.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	43501 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07341.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	43502