Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has LSX been abandoned?

Default Has LSX been abandoned?

Been about a week since I submitted for a new Key for a PC upgrade after a crash. I have heard nothing back, via the activation email or PM on the forum. Does anyone know for certain? I know drlava sometimes goes on hiatus but his last activity on the forum has shown he has been around the last couple days. Anyhow someone preferably the author please respond. Yep was really hoping to work out some beam side projector ariels this long weekend alas nothing accomplished.

Also my update link from the beginning is returned page not found, thats what really makes me wonder.

Also anyone know how to cancel a google checkout as I ordered lens from him also, but it seems like they are not gonna come in a timely fashion either, and using my bank account it sucks to have it not show up(deducted) till shipped, thinking i have more money than I do.
    Last edited by polishedball; 05-27-2012 at 12:30.
    leading in trailing technology

Also curious...lsx has a bug in the color palette and im trying to get in touch with andrew for the last 2 months trying to make him look into it.....he doesnt reply here on photonlexicon, neither on skype. I know he was busy moving things half a year ago but he should update his app sometime....
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

which one is that? if it's:

ColorRotation effect is buggy if From color index isn't 0, 1 or 2

that should be fixed in the update, however i'm still waiting for the update that allows to play protected shows on Etherdream, ED firmware is already patched but needs fix also in LSX

LSX is not abandoned.
    Some lasercompanies don't make updates in years.. it doesn't make it abadonware.
    As far as i know drlava is just extremely buzy.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    LSX is not abandoned.
    Some lasercompanies don't make updates in years.. it doesn't make it abadonware.
    As far as i know drlava is just extremely buzy.
    PJ are you developing it now? seriously how can you know if not? Drlava has logged onto the forum the last few days, check activity in his profile, yet still hasn;t responded. I have been waiting for a key for over a week to run the software again. Would Pangolin have a customer waiting over a week? If they did wouldn't ya think they quit supporting the product?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    PJ are you developing it now? seriously how can you know if not? Drlava has logged onto the forum the last few days, check activity in his profile, yet still hasn;t responded. I have been waiting for a key for over a week to run the software again. Would Pangolin have a customer waiting over a week? If they did wouldn't ya think they quit supporting the product?
    The difference is that drlava is one individual while Pangolin is a company with a strong tradition in customer support. I do not believe that LSX has been discontinued, but indeed, this is very strange, and very inconvenient. His behaviour has been called unprofessional numerous times, but people seem to forget that he isn't a professional, only a passionate hobbyist who made awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    only a passionate hobbyist who made awesome stuff.
    I agree 100% with ya on this but a simple response would take no time to accomplish. Even if it was a life is all screwed up could be a few weeks... I'd be fine with that. We have all been there. I obviously understand a hobby comes second. Some info on the V5 driver would be sweet also.

yes ive been trying to get in touch with andrew really really hard....skype - no response - i try every day. PL: visitor message and 2pm's (a month between them or so) no response.
    if he could just say he ive read your pm thanks il look into it, would suffice.
    I heard complaints about him before, but then i could still sometimes catch him on skype. Now, its impossible.
    Im having a bug in LSX wich makes it hard for me to build shows, and it doesnt get fixed.

Not getting a license code to activate is IMO even a more stopid thing/. that should be solved instantly.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Come to the dark side and check out Spaghetti. With user input I will add new features. I don't think there is much in LSX that I couldn't add with some persuasion. And I answer emails regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post

Not getting a license code to activate is IMO even a more stopid thing/. that should be solved instantly.
    Somewhat my fault, as I should have lic it to the Riya DAC. Then when PC was upgraded after crash it wouldn;t have been an issue.