Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video of new Pluto II direct vs standard Pluto II

nice Adam,
    very clean sharp and smooth in all its aspects.
    Its taken almost 4 years but I am back with bigger better and more of it!
    been doing drone videos of evevts .
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I should be able to fog up the living room tomorrow and get a couple pics. I'll post them here.

Adam
    Looking forward to this!
    Thanks!!
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...Unfortunately, the video camera didn't work out as well as I had hoped..
    : Try re-filming on either a 50% (or greater..) grey-card, or even black (?) Might help the camera cut down on the 'blow-out'.. Or, as I find I have to do when videoing demos for Clients is put a, like, 80-90% neutral-density filter over the aperture-window, and/or the vid-cam lens.. (depends on the vid-cam / settings, etc..) Experiment! ..but, that might help ya get closer-proximity to a 'wysiwyg' video-clip..

..In any-case, Thanks for the effort / sharing..

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    How about secondary and tertiary colors? ...I'm wondering more about how oranges, fuschias, aquas...
    ..Another : Test the 2 PJ's with some of the more 'earthy-tones-containing' frames from 'Linea' (iirc, that's the name..) Pango's all-raster-scan sho.. In particular, the 'Egyptian Pyramid' frames, and (...again, iirc..) the Saturn V-launch sequence.. Those 'tans' / sands, and Oranges in the Saturn-rocket flames really show-up the 'speed differences' between a Green DPSS, a 'VCSEL' Green, vs a DI.. And, as a result, color 'shading' differences.. (..Of course, also-depending on how each PJ is (manually..) color-balanced, and also the Pallete-tuning, etc, etc..)

..Also, the 'chick on the beach' frame / baby, etc - Any 'skin-tones', yes, are also super-subtle 'testers', but.. since those 'subjects' are 'whities' the subtle-differences are more 'washed-out'.. Seems like the more-difficult (for a slower-Green vs faster DI-red / green, etc) subtleties of the 'sand / earth'-colors in the Pyramid-frame, in particular, really show-up speed-differences, and color-shading ability, better..

..fwiw
    cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Smile

Hi Jon;

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree a black background would help, but I didn't have time to set up a stand and a sheet or scrim. I might have enough free time to try more video on a black background next weekend, but I can't promise anything.

Carlos:

I did post a picture in this other thread showing the beam brightness comparison for the two greens (short version: not much difference), and there are lots more pictures showing the two different plutos (old and new) running side-by-side in my gallery.

Several people have commented that the 532 nm green seems to "pop" a bit more, and I agree, but overall the brightness difference is very slight - perhaps 10-15 %. I think it has as much to do with the actual power differences (the 520 nm green laser is rated slightly lower than the original 532 nm DPSS unit) as it does with the wavelength sensitivity of the human eye.

Adam