Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best LIVE software

Hi Yadda,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Very cool!!

Now I have one question, and one comment

First the question. Did you know that LivePRO has an internal concept called "LivePRO Channels"? (It's an unfortunate name since the word "Channels" is used for so many things in life, and software...)

The "Channel" concept gives LivePRO 256 "channels" -- basically, places in memory that allows external things to manipulate internal things. Basically, external things (such as Joystick, all MIDI and many DMX controllers, sliders on the computer screen that are more global) can provide a value 256 different "places" in the computer memory, and then various aspects of LivePRO can monitor these "LivePRO channels" and change accordingly. For example, many of our color effects, and especially abstract effects, can be mapped to "Channels". So with this, you can for example, fire a cue, and then change the cue in real time with DMX or MIDI, or a Joystick, or some sliders on the screen sort of "after the fact". The Channels concept is quite powerful, but it is buried because it would confuse ordinary users... Unfortunately with so many users, we often must make the software easy enough to use for novice users, while still providing power for power users. And unfortunately, there are more novice users than power users (by a factor of around 500)...

Second, now the statement. Yes we are working on something new and basing a lot of the development on feedback that we have received over the years. Basically, we go through the "wish list" of comments that people have made, and take this into consideration with market factors and with technically where we want to go. I would love to hear your comments, but IM might be a bit limiting for this kind of thing. Would you please contact me directly by email and we will start this exchange going? I don't like to post my email address publicly because of spam robots, but you can contact me directly through our contact form at: http://www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

PS: I am aware of the Millennia project and have seen the hardware. But I have never seen it actually function. People involved on a close level basically stated that it didn't work, or certainly the software wasn't ever developed to its full potential...

Interesting on the LivePro Channel, I'll play with it!

I re-read the LivePro page on the Pangolin website. It sounds like it does exactly everything I was looking for. Unfortunatley I can't afford it. I think thers no reason why a live show can't look like or come close to a pre-programmed show, and it sounds like LivePro can do this.

I am currently designing a hardware controller that inerfaces both into mambablack's midi and after the output to acheive most of this cheaply, hopefully just a temporary solution.

Bill, What is the price for just LivePro & QM2000 or possibly used QM32 board?

Thanks,
    Brian

Even better LivePro run though Flashback 3 via USB :-)
    Is there anymore information and details you can send me on this besides whats on the pangolin website?

Brian
    Last edited by Coo-mo-d; 04-02-2007 at 22:26.

Hi Brian,

We have been including LivePRO for free with the Flashback 3 Evaluation Kit (although you won't find this information anywhere on our web site). The price for this kit is $595 and you can find information about the Flashback 3 here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

But if you wait a short while, I think Buffo will soon be posting some interesting news

Bill