Thread: Points make prizes

Default Points make prizes

Hi All

Points make prizes, in my case points are giving me a headache. I recently brought a laser and a copy of QS, I also brought a copy of ILDSOS. Although I have had the laser a few months I have only just had time to play.

I have hit a few problems, unbeknown to me QS dose not export ILDA files, thus ILDSOS not much use to me, QS also only supports 30k scanning so the extra I paid for the 40k in my laser not much use either (yes we are off to a really good start!).

I have a charity event coming up and I am hopping to use the laser so I have been playing with the Quick Trace and made a copy of my logo and the Great Gatsby logo (the theme of the event)

Both my logo and the Gatsby logo have a lot of flicker, my logo has 457 points, the Gatsby logo has 302. I can’t understand why? I spent a lot of time removing unnecessary points from mine and the Gatsby logo but is has not improved?

I have opened one of the frames in one of the supplied shows (Themes 2 > Hollywood 3 > Frame 315) has 1567 points and has less flicker, I was under the impression that less points means less flicker?

Can someone point please point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Brian

It might if you could put copies of the logos you're using up.

At a wild guess, they contain a lot of text and text is a real frame rate killer.

EDIT:

I've just had a play with this image:

http://assets1.bigthink.com/system/i...jpg?1370414090

It's the text that pulls it down.

I run the text alone and its 14 fps. Adding a simple eye and lip representation pulls it down to 12 fps ie only makes 2 fps difference.
    Last edited by White-Light; 06-12-2014 at 00:39.

Hi White Light

Thanks for the reply, i have attched 3 files, one of them is the JPG file for the Gatsby logo and other 2 are the QS files

Thanks

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Great Gatsby - 1.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Just looking at that logo, my instinct is to simplify it by removing some of the narrow blocks and turning them solid like the others. I'll take a look and see what I can do.

That's interesting. I just did a straight trace, nothing fancy and no simplification and I'm showing 20-21 FPS.

It shouldn't flicker unacceptably at that.

Gatsby 20 fps.rar

The file is attached. I'll also look at the simplification option.

This is the simplified version, less impressive looking but you gain a few fps - 27-28 fps (you might want to just tidy it slightly as odd point out of place after the trace):

Gatsby 27-28 fps.rar

Your Event Logo gives 15 fps. That's the cause of the flicker.

By simplifying the truss, I've got it up to 20-21 fps without major changes to the logo:

bdjc simplified.rar

Try those and let me know.
    Last edited by White-Light; 06-12-2014 at 04:47.

Hi White Light

I'M A MUPPET !!!

I had my laser settings wrong, after sorting them out I could then redo the graphics and simplified them a bit and they look a lot better, thanks for your help

Brian