Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A case for my single mode rgb built :)

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Out of interest, what is your issue with drivers Draco?
    Personally I don't think any of the drivers most people are using are that expensive but it's a relative thing. I've used and abused FM2, FM3, Daves dual channel and BBE dual channel so far. It's clearly not their being the availability of drivers that your problem is
    part of the problem is that i am on a fixed income at the moment so trying to find out what people are using and having good luck with them before i decide what i want to use. I don't currently have anything that will do analog modulation. I do have it down to two different controllers, the flex mod P3 and the one sold by Lasertack. Having a spare i can use on different lasers helps too and having them all the same brand or type.

One of mine died as a result of my bench supply, i usually disconnect things from it on power up as it sometimes outputs a spike. The other one i am at a loss to why it failed. I believe the switching transistor shorted and sent 12 volts to the diode. I would just replace it with the same thing but it's no longer available.

I have a thing with power supplies, i love to build them, mod them and repair them so i think the laser drivers are an extension of that. The case in point is a 250mw dpss that runs on 120 volts ac I did mod to run on 5 volts split rail so i can use it out doors with out an inverter. I have in the past built my own drivers as well
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Greeeeat work!
    Can you do these display for sale? If yes how much is it?
    Thanks, Robert